I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade mountain Feb 4

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
beejaytee
aka Heather

Re: Shade mountain Feb 4

Post by beejaytee »

Probably won't make this one. Week days rides are better for me. I'll be looking for the ride report as I'm doing whatever the wife has planned that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:I got a WR450 you can ride. Hell, you can buy it too!
how bout you take the 450? and i`ll try out that 300!
Sure thing bruddah! Or, we can trade back and forth... :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Do you need a tag for shade? Maybe a shake down run for the 250? If i can remember how to ride!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote:Do you need a tag for shade? Maybe a shake down run for the 250? If i can remember how to ride!
Nope, no tag required. But, I do have a couple spares, if you want to play it safe! :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

beejaytee wrote:Probably won't make this one. Week days rides are better for me. I'll be looking for the ride report as I'm doing whatever the wife has planned that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know the feeling...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

How difficult is this place to ride? Those of you that have ridden with me am I going to have any real problems out there?
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I've not ridden with you but it's not that bad.....Only one real rocky trail, Most are the norm for Pa Md mountains lots of fist size rocks and a few rock gardens. Only way to improve is by doing. I was hoping to make this one but I have about 1000 feet of fence that ain't puttin' it's self up.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

drtjumper wrote:How difficult is this place to ride? Those of you that have ridden with me am I going to have any real problems out there?
You will be fine. The outer-most or right hand trail leaving the parking lot has an "Experienced Rider" section that is rocky. Its easier riding it downhill (towards the parking lot) but we usually ride it up hill. Its possible to by-pass this section by taking one of the other trails from the parking lot and then cutting over for those who may not want to jump right into the fire.

Then there is the Mitchel trail that we usually ride down then turn around and see who can make it up. Once exhausted from that, you can then go out the other side of Mitchel that really only has one little hard part. The entire Mitchel loop is totally optional...

The rest of the trails are just a good ole PA Rock fest.

I will try to post up my map and it will make more sense, but like I said; You will be fine....
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Map for reference:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Just my $.02 but if you ride the loop clockwise the majority of the hills that cause issues for some will be downhill and not cause issue.
Mitchel becomes and option to catch however that is in a valley that gets little sun and I expect you will find some ice so just use caution if you do go down it. We have an inch or so of snow on the ground but nothing that will cause issue for the loop.
You guys enjoy, I still have spikes on my bike and not ready to take off just yet. Spikes and Shade rocks do not play well together.
If you find many trees down send me a PM with your best description of the location so I can work into my schedule to make a trip and cut them out. By trees I mean stuff blocking the trail flow, logs across the trail are just for fun to be enjoyed :angel:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr