DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
User avatar
OneFaller
DAMN Expert
Reactions:
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by OneFaller » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:00 am

There was a guy that was going to take my ZRX... I don't remember his name, as I might have had a couple beverages at that point. I need to get in touch with him because he still hasn't shown up to take it.
Disaster Racing

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by juddspaintballs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 am

Brent = beejaytee
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by juddspaintballs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:26 am

Nice!

I was smart going over the logs like that, or just too lazy to want to pick my bike up?
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
BamBam
DAMN n00b
Reactions:
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:20 am

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by BamBam » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:52 am

Ok great, now I am afraid to wheelie over big logs, too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


User avatar
OneFaller
DAMN Expert
Reactions:
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by OneFaller » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 pm

BamBam wrote:Ok great, now I am afraid to wheelie over big logs, too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
But they were easy tipovers... no big deal. I know what I am going to practice at Jed's.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Disaster Racing

User avatar
beejaytee
DAMN Wanabe
Reactions:
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:56 am

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by beejaytee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:34 pm

BamBam wrote:Ok great, now I am afraid to wheelie over big logs, too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The key is to tag the log with the front wheel just after you start to wheelie. If you don't do this the wheel almost always slaps down and causes you to loose a lot of momentum.

If you tap the front wheel the log will transfer energy causing the front to float up so when the rear hits it levels the front and rear as you clear the log.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 525 exc
I work hard but live better.

User avatar
Rut Row
DAMN Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 8247
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by Rut Row » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 pm

OneFaller wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 pm
But they were easy tipovers... no big deal. I know what I am going to practice at Jed's.
looked to me like you mastered tipovers.

:shrug:
Ken
2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Adventure
2018 Mystery Bike; Beta 390? EM Escape? :shrug:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Hard work never killed anyone; but then again, why risk it?

User avatar
OneFaller
DAMN Expert
Reactions:
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by OneFaller » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Rut Row wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 pm
OneFaller wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 pm
But they were easy tipovers... no big deal. I know what I am going to practice at Jed's.
looked to me like you mastered tipovers.

:shrug:
surprisingly, that comes naturally. :censored:
Disaster Racing

User avatar
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 am

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm

beejaytee wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:34 pm
BamBam wrote:Ok great, now I am afraid to wheelie over big logs, too

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The key is to tag the log with the front wheel just after you start to wheelie. If you don't do this the wheel almost always slaps down and causes you to loose a lot of momentum.

If you tap the front wheel the log will transfer energy causing the front to float up so when the rear hits it levels the front and rear as you clear the log.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said.....In the trials world that is known as a double blip. Most common used and first thing you learn to do.
2016 Sherco 300 2-smoke
2016 Scorpa Factory 300
Bultaco 350 199b

User avatar
Marylander
DAMN Poohba
Reactions:
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by Marylander » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:56 pm

beejaytee wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:34 pm
The key is to tag the log with the front wheel just after you start to wheelie. If you don't do this the wheel almost always slaps down and causes you to loose a lot of momentum.

If you tap the front wheel the log will transfer energy causing the front to float up so when the rear hits it levels the front and rear as you clear the log.
Yep, that's one of the techniques that was taught at the ryan young trials school. I don't think I've had the opportunity to use it yet (there's never a log on the trail when you want one). I've gotten over lots of logs without it but it did make log hopping a lot easier on the vintage yamaha trials bike I rode a little bit at the school. After I've applied it once in real life I plan to start calling myself a trials technique based rider... ;) It's the only technique that my tiny brain retained from the school in the "that looks practical for regular riding" file.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest