I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by juddspaintballs »

I had a great time. Bruce and I arrived earliest of the group and forged the camp site for the rest. We setup and waited a couple hours for more people to arrive and then geared up for a ride. Jungle Nuts :lol2: took us down the new single track. I suck at the steep downhills, especially since most of them were loose/sloppy and had turns right at the bottom. It's mental, and I need practice is all. The single track was EXCELLENT. I should go back again this season and go for it again. It was nice to hear from Kevin that my riding improved this year versus last year. I didn't break any bones and I even conquered "Jed's Gulch."

I was fairly tired on Saturday, so I went with a group that did easier stuff in the morning and then we started playing around with single track again. Back to camp for lunch only to go back out and do a little more single track. By late afternoon, I was done. After seeing a couple pictures of videos of me, it's very apparent I've become far too fat and I should probably work on that if I want to be a better rider.

Still a great weekend overall. Great turnout, lots of newbies, and lots of good riding.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Short clip that shows, I think, how most of the ST is up at MR. :cheers:

Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Another great DAMN reunion goes in the history books! It was great to see some old faces and meet a lot of new ones! Many, many thanks to Loosescrew for all the juicy new single track!! He really has turned into a place for single track junkies to ride! :loveit:

I didn't take any pictures on the trail, generally I was doing everything I could to keep Kevin in sight! DAMN that dude is fast! But I did take a few of the camp site festivities:

Jay (J&J) and Jim (2Wheels2Way) taking a breather before heading back out.
Skinny J sharing some sage advice:

Saturday evenings' chili special, I shoulda made a double batch!

And lastly, a little present left to me from Dirtygrunt (yer a funny fucker Bruce :lol2:)
I'll wear it under my Beta sweatshirt with pride!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Here is where I thought the trail was beyond my abilities, and had to get off a couple times to maneuver past evil rock combos. At one point, the guys were helping me get up a tough section by rolling my tire forward by hand!

2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BamBam wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 am Here is where I thought the trail was beyond my abilities, and had to get off a couple times to maneuver past evil rock combos. At one point, the guys were helping me get up a tough section by rolling my tire forward by hand!
You did fine, what doesn't kill you only makes you better. :deal:

I cheated and bought a smaller (and mo betta) bike :lol2:
Last edited by Laoch on Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 am

And lastly, a little present left to me from Dirtygrunt (yer a funny fucker Bruce :lol2:)
I'll wear it under my Beta sweatshirt with pride!
:lol2:

Beta grease rag :shrug:
Bruce
rclangelan
DAMN n00b

Post by rclangelan »

I was only able to make it out for a day ride on Friday. I had a great time. I met up with about 10 or so folks from here. I'm terrible with names, but I think I recall Bruce, Jed, and BJ, to name a few. We hit the sweeping double track first, and then met up with Kevin for a single track tour. I was pleasantly surprised with what my little CRF was able conquer in the woods (this was my first attempt at single track on a dual sport bike). If I could only find a way to shed about 80lbs off of it, and get the kickstand to raise up high, out of the way, like a KTM's does.

Anyone use those lightweight batteries? Or are those things garbage?

Thanks, guys, for showing me around. I look forward to the next group ride.
Ryan | Sykesville, MD | 2015 CRF250L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

BamBam wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 9:23 am Here is where I thought the trail was beyond my abilities, and had to get off a couple times to maneuver past evil rock combos. At one point, the guys were helping me get up a tough section by rolling my tire forward by hand!

BamBam, THATS where you got lost! You were supposed to turn left and go down the hill right near Gene's blue bike.

Ive found that rolling the front wheel is the best way to help someone get going.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

Bucho wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 7:12 pm Ive found that rolling the front wheel is the best way to help someone get going.

:thumbup:
Disaster Racing
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Thanks Pat glad you liked it and also thank you guys for the awesome chili ,beer ,vodka ,whiskey etc.
Thanks to Mrs. skinny Jay for the cornbread and caramel brownies! It was great seeing her out tackling some of the singletrack too. If you guys didn't come and ride it and enjoy it so much We wouldn't be spending time making it. So if you keep comming We'll keep adding…
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike