I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kenda National Enduro Sumter Feb 5

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Kenda National Enduro Sumter Feb 5

Post by drtjumper »

Anyone else going to Sumter to race the National Enduro? Going to be my first enduro and only like my 3rd race. Friends talked me into racing Vet B (i feel like I should be in C due to lack of experience) hopefully I am not too slow and make a fool of myself. Just curious if anyone else was planning on racing it.
Adam
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Kenda National Enduro Sumter Feb 5

Post by Marylander »

I'm not going but I'm curious if those are run as time keeping events or more like hare scrambles.
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Harescramble. You race check to check flat out. No stupid computers and slowing down to not come in early etc.
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

I will not be going, but I have raced it in the past. I would describe it has fast fun flowy trail similar to the terrain at Hammer Run. Have fun and good luck.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: RE: Re: Kenda National Enduro Sumter Feb 5

Post by phoo »

drtjumper wrote:Harescramble. You race check to check flat out. No stupid computers and slowing down to not come in early etc.
Hey! I'm not a huge fan of sitting on the side of the trail, either, but that's the only way slow people like me can get trophies - by timing things better even if I do have a gate or two where I'm way off the pace. :-)

Patrick

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'm kicking around the idea of doing this. As in, I'll try to bid it off, if I get those days off I might go.... Is anybody else going? Maybe a truck pool?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Well I'm out. My riding season is officially done already and for the next 9 plus months as well. I have been riding with completely torn acls in both knees for 4 years now, it must have finally caught up to me. Slipped on the ice in my driveway last week and destroyed my right knee. Can't put any weight on it and when I do it just collapses and I hit the deck. Sucks but I guess I can't put off surgery anymore. I was really looking forward to racing and trying to find some decent speed on the new bike this year.
Adam

Now I have to figure how to pay for these surgeries.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

drtjumper wrote:Well I'm out. My riding season is officially done already and for the next 9 plus months as well. I have been riding with completely torn acls in both knees for 4 years now, it must have finally caught up to me. Slipped on the ice in my driveway last week and destroyed my right knee. Can't put any weight on it and when I do it just collapses and I hit the deck. Sucks but I guess I can't put off surgery anymore. I was really looking forward to racing and trying to find some decent speed on the new bike this year.
Adam

Now I have to figure how to pay for these surgeries.
that sucks. Hope all goes well.

You could start a Go Fund Me page but you'd just use the money to buy a new bike :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Dang dude, that sucks! On the plus side they can use cadaver ligaments to repair yours thereby giving you the powers of the dead. :)
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

That sucks, man. Get better soon.

Patrick

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200