I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

AOAA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

AOAA

Post by Skinny-J »

So my neighbor has invited me to go riding with him at AOAA this Sunday. I have been thinking about checking this place out but it seems to be geared more towards the ATV\UTV croud (and they are not my cup of tea). Anybody else been there before? Is there much single track? How bad are the quad-tards once you get out of the parking lot?

Any info would be appreciated. If none is known I will report back on what I find.....

http://www.aoaatrails.com
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: AOAA

Post by Wingfixer »

Thanks for the invite, bummer I'll be out of town. After watching the video on their site it looks like there might be some interesting stuff. I'll be waiting for your report! Which bike are you taking?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'm pretty sure Sam goes out there so hit him up directly if he doesn't see this. If I'm remembering correctly it sounds like that place has a bit of everything. You'll want to have your GPS turned on so you can get back to the truck. ;)
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:Thanks for the invite, bummer I'll be out of town. After watching the video on their site it looks like there might be some interesting stuff. I'll be waiting for your report! Which bike are you taking?
The YZ. I think my neighbor is pretty fast....
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Marylander wrote:I'm pretty sure Sam goes out there so hit him up directly if he doesn't see this. If I'm remembering correctly it sounds like that place has a bit of everything. You'll want to have your GPS turned on so you can get back to the truck. ;)
Thanks Kirk, I think SAM rides RAC all the time. I have been out there some and it is awesome; if you can find the good hidden gems. This AOAA place is relatively new (like in the last couple of years I believe) and I am not sure he's been there or I am sure he would have let me know :dirtdog: :frustrated:

But we will see what the OFG knows.....
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Ah, I guess I've got them both sitting in the same spot in my brain... ;)
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Per the wiebsite: Our single tracks are just as diverse as our double tracks. Right now, our single tracks are limited, but we have plans to expand and develop them over time. In the meantime, there are plenty of trails available to ride.

I have been there and its a fun place to ride for me, so probably boring for you :killingme:

I know they are in the process of developing more single track trail, but I havent been up there since fall last year.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Jay the single track exists but most is not marked and just boot leg trails from prior to becoming an official riding location.
They have state and county money to fund the place so you can guess politics are involved with what is allowed as a "proper trail". If your friend knows the area then you should have a day full of riding. Think you just need to go for anything that looks interesting.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

OFG has never been to AOAA and hasn't been to RAC for about a year (back problems - now fixed YEA!) BUT would love to go now and has a permit which will be renewed for 2017.

AOAA is about 17 miles farther west than where I park for RAC (just off 901 east of I-81) and ~ 20 minutes longer to get to for me.

RAC is huge and has everything - but the area I like is mostly tight and GNARLY :loveit: perfect for the Freeride. I have some saved tracks of much of it.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Ovo wrote:Per the website: Our single tracks are just as diverse as our double tracks. Right now, our single tracks are limited....
I am not sure they understand the definition of "diverse" as this statement leaves me scratching my head. :huh:

Thanks for the intel Ron! :thumbup: