I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Post by Todd34 »

juddspaintballs wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm So what's on the agenda next year, Skinny-J?

Canoodia?
Come on down and ride Colombia. I should have the place wired by then. The drive might suck though....
KTM 500 EXC
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Todd34 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:32 pm Come on down and ride Colombia. I should have the place wired by then. The drive might suck though....
You've got a place in Colombia? One of these days I'd like to make a trip from here to panama, catch a ferry to Colombia, and then ride to the town in Chile where my wife was born. I may have to pick your brain at some point...
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Todd34 »

Great video! Cool cape Brent. SuperBrent
KTM 500 EXC
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

cdalejef wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:11 pm Awesome video!!!!

Do you know exactly where that landslide is? Looks like I'm going to have to find a go around, another big rain and it will probably go on down the mountain!
Nooo, not me, I was just following with one eye open :lol2: , ask Skinny-J, he could know (but i'm not sure :lol2: ). :cheers:
Or probably WingFixer could know if he was paying attention to his GPS
Every day is a good day when you ride
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Awesome video Janus! Thanks for posting that! :cheers:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Great video!
All I have to say is..... I hate you guys.

:lol2:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 pm Awesome video Janus! Thanks for posting that! :cheers:
Too bad we don't have one from your gopro
P.S. And my name is not Janus! What was it? Latasha?? Francis?? can't remember really :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

juddspaintballs wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm So what's on the agenda next year, Skinny-J?

Canoodia?
Every other year we go west; 2018 will be the Tour of Idaho (the T1):

Tour of Idaho

We aint getting no younger and I am not sure we are even getting any better so its time to try this bad boy while we still can. Best bring your big-boy pajammies.

The 650 will NOT be making an appearance on this one....

TBD, but last week of July or first week of Aug, 2018; training starts tomorrow... :knary:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Nobody wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:37 pm Sorry, no music and no much thinking into it just the interesting moments I've found in my videos from this ride.
Nice!

I didn't realize so many shenanigans were going on back there but now things make more sense....
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

cdalejef wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:11 pm Awesome video!!!!

Do you know exactly where that landslide is? Looks like I'm going to have to find a go around, another big rain and it will probably go on down the mountain!
Jeff,

First off- THANKS! Best dual-sport trip ever (and I have been on more than a few of them). Kentucky is a beautiful place. The mix of pavement and dirt was fantastic and the hard options were great. We managed to do all the options except the HM extreme and carburetor hill which we intentionally skipped; and the first half of Hard 5 north of London as we ran out of daylight.

Your route was spot on, often the track would follow the road closer than the maps in the GPS. There were only 3 little hickups that I wanted to report back to you. I marked them in the GPS but just need to find a minute to pull out the coordinates and e-mail them to you; hopefully this weekend. Here is the run-down:
1. the sliding road- as already mentioned- its in an active mining area. There was equipment working just 50' below us and they might be the cause of the slide as well....
2. Gated and locked road through some leased hunting area. I suspect you already know about this, its near the big dome. We went around the first gate and then ran into some of the club members. The were mostly-cool but told us we couldn't be there as the lease actually requires them to gate the road. They said to get in touch with a guy named Danny Bush and he could give you proof.
3. An odd deviation in the route where it just turned left into the woods. This was on the main route and the only option was to ride up a pretty nasty hill and then bush-wack on some atv trails back to route. It was no problem for us but since it was on the main route, someone on a big bike would be in for a bad afternoon.

These were the only issues in a 1000 mile route; pretty amazing actually!

Thanks
SJ