I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Post by Skinny-J »

I realize 2017 is still a little ways out but I want to make sure we coordinate dates with Ken's TPAT ride...

It was Bucho's ideal, WF has bid his vacation and I have started planning for a week long assault of the Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) next June. The KAT's main route is big-bike friendly but the options are NOT; ie it has something for everyone. It should be epic; if you ride motorcycles and don't come on this ride you are fuking gay! :hug:

More later (like in 2017) but here is your pre-requisite reading:
KAT

KAT Ride report

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 2017

Post by Rut Row »

As far as bikes go, the main loop can be done on bigger bikes but keep in mind there are sections with large rocks, logs, mud and hills so I highly recommend that you have experience in these conditions and run FULL KNOBBY tires!
Hmmm ... my FZ-09 Adventure might have a problem with the options :barf:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

Subscribing
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

What part of June?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

650? or is this a truck and trailer ride?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Junior wrote:650? or is this a truck and trailer ride?
I was thinking I would drive my van down with my 650 in the back.
(I know kinda lame to haul bikes that can be ridden there. But will make the transport days a little easier. I can pack lots of extras. If we have at least one vehicle to be there for rescue duty should mean we wont have to use it. )Anyone who wants can certainly make an even more epic ride by riding there and back too.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote: If we have at least one vehicle to be there for rescue duty should mean we wont have to use it. )Anyone who wants can certainly make an even more epic ride by riding there and back too.
having seen the pics of the options, this sounds mighty smart to me!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

After reading a ride report or two about the KAT I knew it was a ride that I had to do.
There is a great ADV ride report from canonshot(?). Two guys on big bikes, a SuperTen and a big twin Kato. The guy really shows a great ride. I would love to do it, even if it was just the "big bike" route. But since it is an awesome adventure ride AND has single track!!!
Hells Yeah!!!

Im sure we will discuss this more in 2017. But the basic plan is a week long trip. I will be driving down in my van. SkinnyJ, Patrick etc.. will possibly also drive down with truck and the JAT (Jay adv trailer). Anyone can ride their bike down (like a man) who wants to.

Once down there we will leave the van/truck and be off on an epic five day ride around eastern Kentucky dipping into Tenn and WV in some spots. Packing light, (change of clothes, basic tools, camelback), and staying in cheap hotels. Though Im cool camping the first and last night in the van/JAT.

Depending on how many come we can do multiple groups. Big Bike main route only, smaller bikes and do some of the options/offroad, and probably a "TOA" (who remembers that?) group.

True dualsport ride. Come one, come all!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote:What part of June?
June 19-25.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:
juddspaintballs wrote:What part of June?
June 19-25.
it is now on the DAMN Calendar and my wish list
Ken