I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2017 | Trans-PA Trail - Vertical Edition | 9-10 Sept (CANX)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

2017 | Trans-PA Trail - Vertical Edition | 9-10 Sept (CANX)

Post by Rut Row »

Date set for 9-10 Sept. May meet at a camping spot Friday night for an early start Saturday.

If everyone wants to slide it to the following weekend (16/17) I'm game. Final decision to be made when we get closer.

Anyone interested in a mild DS ride on a weekend?

Noye, the 7-Mountains DS is the same weekend.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... G1FZsczvvQ

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/t ... n.1142617/
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2017 | Trans-PA Trail - Vertical Edition

Post by Bucho »

Looks fun.
Ill have to look closer at the map but Im pretty sure Ive ridden some of that before.

I read the little ADV thread on it. Looks like a nice ride doable on any bike, but probably best on a DR650. Or a FZ09 with TKC80s if you are odd.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Looks like a nice ride doable on any bike, but probably best on a DR650. Or a FZ09 with TKC80s if you are odd.
:dirtdog: :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Bucho wrote:Or a FZ09 with TKC80s if you are old.
That's not nice to talk about Ken like that
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote:
Bucho wrote:Or a FZ09 with TKC80s if you are old.
That's not nice to talk about Ken like that
:chicken kiss:
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

played around with the track this morning. Looks like it is a 3-day trip. Two days north then one day to get home.

This is not suitable for Skinny-J or anyone looking for more than gravel roads, good company and nice scenery.
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You have my attention. :lurker:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:You have my attention. :lurker:
no sheets with floral patterns either :hi5:
Ken
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

:lurker: :lurker: :lurker: just what we need to get back on track!!! I`m going out now to work on the DR! I`m in!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I guess if you don't stop much then it is a 2-day ride

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/t ... t-30574718
Tony, Thanks very much for the route. I rode it last weekend on Fri/Sat (probably not the best time due to rain). I left around 11am on Friday and got to the start a little after 1pm. Stopped for the night in Millheim around 6:30ish then did the rest on Saturday from 6-11:30. There were a couple small detours of no real consequence, one of which put me onto a bike path driving with a bunch of (I assume) boy scouts. Only disappointment was the weather. I knew it was going to rain and frankly was surprised it wasn't when I woke up Saturday but I made it a couple hours before the rain started. Most of the unpaved was not really much worse wet except one part that seemed really soft and it felt like I was on sand and figured I was going down shortly. I had originally planned a whole nice route back but by the time I got to the end and checking the weather of basically rain all day I said F it, hopped on 15 South and was home by 3:30.
Ken