I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers 2/9

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Taskers 2/9

Post by Wingfixer »

I know a bunch of you guys are doing GR on Sunday but if any of you are interested me and my KLR buddy(Seamus) are going to do Taskers on Monday. He and I went there once before but rode down and didn't have the time to fully explore it. I have been there since, the Black Friday Ride (1st annual), and I have been talking up the trail to Seamus.(NOT the rocky part!!) He wants to go back to fully explore, and I would like to see the South side of the trails myself. So, the plan is to be in the parking lot by 9. I will be bringing a grill and a cooler full of water and diet pepsi. If any of you would like to join just let me know what you want thrown on the grill.

Patrick
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Taskers 2/9

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I know a bunch of you guys are doing GR on Sunday but if any of you are interested me and my KLR buddy(Seamus) are going to do Taskers on Monday. He and I went there once before but rode down and didn't have the time to fully explore it. I have been there since, the Black Friday Ride (1st annual), and I have been talking up the trail to Seamus.(NOT the rocky part!!) He wants to go back to fully explore, and I would like to see the South side of the trails myself. So, the plan is to be in the parking lot by 9. I will be bringing a grill and a cooler full of water and diet pepsi. If any of you would like to join just let me know what you want thrown on the grill.

Patrick
dude - do Peter's Mill. The rocky sections are short. :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

And not hard at all :frustrated:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

speaking of trail closings...

you should check on the the status of taskers. iirc, the trails are closed 1/15 to 4/1.
Rob

XR650L
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Ah, that could suck!!

Nothing on the web site about being closed.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer, if you want to come over and we can maybe do some local Frederick Co dirtroads and then make our way North up to Michaux or something. A little more of a motard/dualsport ride then an offroad ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

PMR and taskers are closed 1/22 to 3/17 :(

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/lee/recreat ... ndex.shtml
Rob

XR650L
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:Wingfixer, if you want to come over and we can maybe do some local Frederick Co dirtroads and then make our way North up to Michaux or something. A little more of a motard/dualsport ride then an offroad ride.
Yeah that sounds cool, me and my KLR buddy would probably ride up to get there around 11-noon, or earlier if I can get him to get going early. Are you good for Monday? Hitting some Frederick Watershed stuff and dirt/gravel would hit the spot!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yeah that sounds fine. Just let me know when you have a specific time/place set up.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I don't know anything about the Frederick Watershed area at all so you will have to let me know where to meet up and we will be there around 11, or earlier. Once we have a destination I can give you a more specific meet time.

Patrick
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.