I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Post by Bucho »

Who is in?

I have been wanting to do one of the spring enduro's and its been way too long since I have ridden the Jersey Pines.
The date works for me, even if I go by myself I'm going.
I plan on driving up Saturday evening, sleeping in the van and hopefully be refreshed and ready to go in the morning. I'm going to sign up in the morning and get a late row.

Sorry, I'm too computer retarded to give a link to the flyer. (do a google search you can find it)

The course will be completely offroad, and they DO NOT require a tagged bike. Just your AMA number.

For any of the new guys. Yes, this is racing. However, its pretty low key and you can be as competitive as you want. They have four riders starting on every minute. So there really isn't any head to head to racing. If someone comes up behind you, you just pull over and let them pass, (they have already made up at least a minute or more on you).

At some of these races I've shown up late and didn't even bother to set up my rollchart or try and keep time. You absolutely can just treat it like a fun trail ride. I don't like crashing and getting hurt, I only ride as fast as I want to.
It will be well marked and have lots of awesome single track. (seriously what more do you need?)

If you have questions, please ask away. I'll answer as best I can. Hopefully some of the guys who actually take their racing seriously (and know the rules better than me) will answer up too.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Post by juddspaintballs »

Here's the flier for the event:
http://www.teamhammer.org/2016%20Stuff/ ... r%20X2.pdf

I should go. I should go. I should go. What reason can I come up with not going? I should go. :shrug:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Come on out Jed. There is no reason for you not to come. We can be on a row in the back.

I think we can safely promise you there will be no rocky hillclimbs.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I'm off that Saturday/Sunday so it wouldn't use any leave for me as long as I could be back by 0400 Monday. Do you think I could finish this race?

Do you have space I could tag along in the van and split the cost of fuel? If not, I'm still not completely out yet.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Sold my 250 today, btw.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Thinking about it.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote:I'm off that Saturday/Sunday so it wouldn't use any leave for me as long as I could be back by 0400 Monday. Do you think I could finish this race?

Do you have space I could tag along in the van and split the cost of fuel? If not, I'm still not completely out yet.

First I will say, "I have never done this race".
However, I believe that there is no one obstacle at this enduro that you can't do. If you have trouble it will be simply in wearing yourself out too early in the day and not finishing. As long as your aren't too far behind time, you will have a little rest between section and a lunch break. If you fall an hour behind time, they call this "houring out" and they will stop you at the next time check and your day will be done. But honestly, if you are that far behind time you are probably exhausted and ready to stop anyway.
If you are worried about it. Get as much seat time as you can between now and then. Do some cardio...

If that weekend works for you, I say do it. While I've never done a Jersey enduro, I have done rides like the HammerRun. Since there are no rocks, the rides tend to be smoother and not as tiring. Though having to slow to a crawl and weave your bars through crazy tight pine trees can be a bitch too I guess.

I have room in the van. I don't have it set up for sleeping, but there should be plenty of floor space. Or feel free to bring a tent to set up outside if you prefer. I don't plan on leaving Saturday till after eating dinner w/ my family.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I have a tent. I think the wife is on board with the idea. WTH. I'll go.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Im in, I'll be up late Saturday.
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Glenduro wrote:Im in, I'll be up late Saturday.
Hey, Glenduro. It would be nice to meet you. Ill be there wearing my DAMN jersey, please stop me and say hi if you see me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200