I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Green Ridge Pre-ride 3/15

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: Green Ridge Pre-ride 3/15

Post by RRob »

mdubya wrote:Let us know where and what time Saturday.
How about 11am at the Fifteen Mile Creek Rd./ORV trail parking area.
Rob

XR650L
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

RRob wrote:
mdubya wrote:Let us know where and what time Saturday.
How about 11am at the Fifteen Mile Creek Rd./ORV trail parking area.
Sounds good.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'll be there. Truckin in also.

Just to be clear, you are refering to the parking lot at the ORV trail just before the really good part of the orv. Not the lot near Mertens, just past the power lines.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Bucho wrote:I'll be there. Truckin in also.

Just to be clear, you are refering to the parking lot at the ORV trail just before the really good part of the orv. Not the lot near Mertens, just past the power lines.
Yes, the parking lot off of Fifteen Mile Creek Rd. at the north end of the ORV.

Fifteen Mile Creek Rd. is very rough and rutted. It might be better for some people to park at the ranger station, unload and just ride their bike to the meeting spot.
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:

Yes, the parking lot off of Fifteen Mile Creek Rd. at the north end of the ORV.

Fifteen Mile Creek Rd. is very rough and rutted. It might be better for some people to park at the ranger station, unload and just ride their bike to the meeting spot.
The weather forecast on Weather.com for Flintstone is improving! :rayof:

I've not had the privilege of riding the ORV and during my pre-ride, was too DAMN cold to ride over to the trail from the ranger station. Is the parking lot easy to find :?: Is anyone planning on meeting at the station :?:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho - I live just west of you - got room for another bike?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:Is the parking lot easy to find :?:
Sort of: Take I-68 exit 62, go south on Fifteen Mile Creek Rd. (past the "Juvi"), bear left at the fork in the road/ORV sign, go about 2 more rough miles to the ORV parking area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 5&t=h&z=15

I'm glad you're going to try to make it. It'll be fun despite a little rain!
Rob

XR650L
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

I'm unable to meet for the pre-ride but it sure sounds like you guys will have fun. I am going to be there April 4th for the weekend as well as April 27th for the main ride. Been going to Green ridge ORV, riding and camping for mainy years now. The ORV trial is a lot of fun, as is the dirt/fire type roads found within the park. Sorry I can't make it. Thank you for this great website and making it possible to network with other riders in the area.

Matt, Drz400s. Pasadena MD
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ya, I got room for another bike. We might have to put one of them in backwards, but shouldn't be a problem. I will ask you to bring an extra set of tiedowns though. I think I'm at least one short for two bikes.
Not sure exactly where you live Ken, but I live just inside the Frederick city limits, near the 7-11 at Route 40 and Old Camp on the western side of the Frederick. Feel free to gimme a call tonight, I'm working so call as late as you want, or tomorrow. 301-512-5739

For everyone else going. I can get my truck to the meeting spot. If anyone is interested I'll bring a charcoal grill and burgers or something. I'm off tomorrow so let me know so I can get supplies.
I'm so friggin excited!!!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

It's not looking good for me guys. The DR is having brake trouble and I don't think it will be set before Saturday. I have the week of the 24th off for Spring break, so I'll post a new thread in case anyone can meet during the week.
Thanks
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F