I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Post by Wingfixer »

I will order them tomorrow me thinks.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wingfixer wrote:Well, I got a new Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for the Dizzer so by my calculations I should be good for 200 miles. I say lets go!!
If you ride with me, you will be limited to my stock 2.6 gallon range. :deal: :lol2:

I do that on purpose so I can take a break every 80-100 miles. :harhar:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Mdubya...definitely will take you up on the offer sometime come spring. Obviously not heading out that way via bike anytime soon. Prefer to keep that going year round back here where I don't have to worry bout snow and ice..haha.
Will actually be out there the weekend of the 24th if you're interested in grabbing a drink or something. Heading over to wisp or timberline for some boarding.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

mdubya wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:Well, I got a new Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for the Dizzer so by my calculations I should be good for 200 miles. I say lets go!!
If you ride with me, you will be limited to my stock 2.6 gallon range. :deal: :lol2:

Its all good, I just don't want to be the limiting factor, in hard dirt - Taskers, GR - I am lucky to get 50 or so miles out of a tank, a little extra never hurts.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wingfixer wrote:
mdubya wrote:

Its all good, I just don't want to be the limiting factor, in hard dirt - Taskers, GR - I am lucky to get 50 or so miles out of a tank, a little extra never hurts.
Are you using an FCR or stock carb? I use the stocker with a jet kit and get great fuel mileage.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I've had a great time w/ my knobbies on doing lots of offroad this past season, but I'm really itching to slap the motard wheels back on and doing some backroad/dirtroad blitzing.

Code, as soon as it at warms up (a little bit at least), I'm ready for a redue of your frozen gravel ride and the other local (Frederick/MoCo/Carroll) areas. Ken's bored out, hard charging KLR should be ready by then.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:I've had a great time w/ my knobbies on doing lots of offroad this past season, but I'm really itching to slap the motard wheels back on and doing some backroad/dirtroad blitzing.

Code, as soon as it at warms up (a little bit at least), I'm ready for a redue of your frozen gravel ride and the other local (Frederick/MoCo/Carroll) areas. Ken's bored out, hard charging KLR should be ready by then.
Yup Ken's bored :fitz:
hard charging KLR seems like an oxymoron! :gdog:
and I'm already ready! :hi5:
is it spring yet? :foul:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Are you using an FCR or stock carb? I use the stocker with a jet kit and get great fuel mileage.
Stock carb, I get 50ish riding street or tame gravel/dirt, in the 1st and 2nd gear trail stuff (Green Ridge) I had almost emptied the tank after 40 or so miles. I have heard that the FCR carb makes a huge difference in performance, I just can't justify the $700-$800 outlay for it. I think I would rather sell the Dizzer and buy something (KTMish) that already has that performance. That won't be happening anytime soon either though, I am happy with the DRZ for now and the economy sucks.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Bucho wrote:I've had a great time w/ my knobbies on doing lots of offroad this past season, but I'm really itching to slap the motard wheels back on and doing some backroad/dirtroad blitzing.

Suppose to be nice this weekend :poser: Too bad their isn't a trailering your bike smile :rickey:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wingfixer wrote:
Stock carb, I get 50ish riding street or tame gravel/dirt, in the 1st and 2nd gear trail stuff (Green Ridge) I had almost emptied the tank after 40 or so miles. I have heard that the FCR carb makes a huge difference in performance, I just can't justify the $700-$800 outlay for it. I think I would rather sell the Dizzer and buy something (KTMish) that already has that performance. That won't be happening anytime soon either though, I am happy with the DRZ for now and the economy sucks.

What gearing do you run at Green Ridge? I always ran 14/44. Gave the bike legs with out having to row the gear box too too much in the twistier stuff. I tend to ride the torque curve though. I don't like to rev it too hard.

From my experience, the FCR makes a difference, but it is not life changing as most will insist. Yes, you get that instant hit and the bike has a little more top end, but....My buddy had a well used E model with stock header and a slip on. My S with Yosh Ti full pipe and jet kit, on identical tires and gearing. Our bikes ran a dead heat, no matter how we ran them. Flat out in fifth we could hold a conversation. They felt different, but I never felt emasculated by the CV carb. Plus, I too get 50 MPH on a reasonably paced street ride. His bike dyno'd at 40 hp, btw. Mine could not have been more than a few tenths shy.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC