I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
code
DAMN Poohba

July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Post by code »

Just came across this while putting together some other stuff...like a possible dolly sod trip.
Anywho...thought I'd pass the info on about this.... http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2009/WV_RRR/

Will try to attend...actually have no reason really not to since my rents have a place a 1/2hr. north of there and there seems to be others with stroms actually going.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Post by mdubya »

That is every week for me. No reason to wait for crowds and organization ( :nono: ) to run WV dirt, gravel, and rough pavement IMO.

:deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Mike or Rob can lead a pretty good trip through the area. Though you might want to just explore by yourself unless you enjoy running at an "excellerated pace".
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Am definitely going to head out there and check out some roads before this event (july is a ways off I know), just thought I'd post and show that it was going on. I doubt that at my skill level and being on a strom that I can ride too "spirited" through those areas without dumping the bike somewhere along the way. Would prefer to go up there and check out at least dolly sods sometime before doing a moderate newbie pace. When I do that, if anyone else is interested I'll let you know and you're welcome to join.
~Joe
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I'll join you - just say when! :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

When you want to go, if i am off (of work) I am in!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Definitely let us know when you are coming out (anytime). Dolly Sods is a pretty easy ride and a great destination, via great roads. The Dolly Sods area itself, is OK, but nothing to write home about. I will be glad to show you my favorite stuff. The pace doesn't need to be head banging for me to have fun.

We have done several versions of Parson to Cass the last few years. It usually ends up being Parsons to Durbin, never reaching Cass. It is big bike friendly, and the roads and scenery are beautiful. Again, regarding the pace, on weekends and in good weather, you need to keep the pace moderate to survive. The roads aren't crowded, but there are other people out there using them. During the week and during less than ideal weather, the roads are deserted.

The original Parsons to Cass (ended up turning around at Durbin) was one of the best rides ever IMO. It was defintely a full days ride, and dominated by dirt and gravel. I would be glad to repeat that route anytime.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of miles of dirt roads to be ridden, south of here. It really just depends on how far you want to go and for how many days.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Here is a little reading on the original Parsons to Cass ride (with photos)...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... rsons+Cass
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Well, I got a new Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for the Dizzer so by my calculations I should be good for 200 miles. I say lets go!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:Well, I got a new Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for the Dizzer so by my calculations I should be good for 200 miles. I say lets go!!
and the new PivotPegz, yes? :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris