I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: July 9th - 11th 2009 MTF WV Dirt Road Ride

Post by mdubya »

code wrote:
Bucho wrote:I've had a great time w/ my knobbies on doing lots of offroad this past season, but I'm really itching to slap the motard wheels back on and doing some backroad/dirtroad blitzing.

Code, as soon as it at warms up (a little bit at least), I'm ready for a redue of your frozen gravel ride and the other local (Frederick/MoCo/Carroll) areas. Ken's bored out, hard charging KLR should be ready by then.
Suppose to be nice this weekend :poser: Too bad their isn't a trailering your bike smile :rickey:
Looks lovely:

Fri
Jan 16

Partly Cloudy

23°
12°

0%

23°F

Sat
Jan 17

Partly Cloudy

32°
26°

0%

32°F

Sun
Jan 18

Mostly Cloudy

38°
25°

10%

38°F

Mon
Jan 19

Mostly Cloudy

36°
26°

10%

36°F

:deal:
:lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Good info - thanks. That seals the deal on the FCR, I will wait until I out grow or wear out the Dizzer and then just get something better. I do like this bike though. As for gears, they are stock. I have thought about putting some taller gears on it but don't want to give up the ability to pull decent (55 or so) speeds when road riding. Like you I prefer to keep it down in the rev range and let it tractor its way out. It does alright for me as is, as long as I don't try to follow too closely through the rock gardens at Taskers!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:Suppose to be nice this weekend :poser: Too bad their isn't a trailering your bike smile :rickey:
your turn is coming dude! I'm expecting to see that Strom crossing Town Creek this summer! :salute:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

38 on Saturday sounds pretty DAMN good to me!! GreenRidge or some gravel roads? Taskers? Somebody...Bueller......Bueller......
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:38 on Saturday sounds pretty DAMN good to me!! GreenRidge or some gravel roads? Taskers? Somebody...Bueller......Bueller......
WeatherUnderground says mid-20s for Flintstone and mid-20s around here! :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

code wrote:Mdubya...definitely will take you up on the offer sometime come spring. Obviously not heading out that way via bike anytime soon. Prefer to keep that going year round back here where I don't have to worry bout snow and ice..haha.
Will actually be out there the weekend of the 24th if you're interested in grabbing a drink or something. Heading over to wisp or timberline for some boarding.
Hey Code- Sorry I missed this post. Shoot me a PM when we get closer to the 24th. Let me know what your schedule is.

:thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Kyler wrote:
code wrote:Suppose to be nice this weekend :poser: Too bad their isn't a trailering your bike smile :rickey:
your turn is coming dude! I'm expecting to see that Strom crossing Town Creek this summer! :salute:
:boohoo: How many times do I need to post a pic of my bike going through water to prove to you that I am capable? :dirtdog: Image
Ya like that wake? Could surf behind that buddy :roost:

Wingfixer...am out for sat. Have gym jam with my son til 11ish and then bday dinner with my wife in the evening. Doesn't leave but a little time inbetween to work on the bathroom...joy! joy! Might head out for a bit on sun. though. Will see what the weather does later on and post something up if I decide to head out.

Mdubya....no problem. Will shoot you a pm sometime next week when I figure out if I'm heading up on fri. or sat. Not sure yet.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Cool, I will keep an eye out. :thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote: :boohoo: How many times do I need to post a pic of my bike going through water to prove to you that I am capable? :dirtdog: Image
Ya like that wake? Could surf behind that buddy :roost:
ya, ya, ya... how do we know it is you behind that visor? I'll bet you were holding the camera and your bud was riding the bike! :amazon:

btw, where was that taken? We need to get that ford into our creek crossing list.
Ken
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Prices Distillery Rd. Will post about it in the fords a lil' later today. If you go right where I was you're about 2' deep in, there are ways around it where you're only 12"-18" in, but it's sandy. Not a fan of the sand, dry or wet.