I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DC Bike Show

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

DC Bike Show

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho trying to figure out how to dual-sport it

Hey RRob! If one is good...

I can see Al cruzin' CA in one of these!

I had to save him... Bucho was headed toward the Dark Side!

Erin - you better check the driveway!

mdubya - THIS is what a Red Bull can is for!

and for the Italian lovers...

BMW was a noshow as was the Ural dealer. KTM had a nice display and we drooled excessively over the 690 enduro
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DC Bike Show

Post by Bucho »

KTM did have a nice display.

Aprillia and Husky also were absent.

Or dirtgear for Ken to look at.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

OK, what bike is that Red Bull can attached to. That ain't no OEM model I recognize.

I love seeing the Baja bikes. But I thought they were more interesting when the were XR 650's, not CRF's

The new style Monstah looks a lot better with aftermarket cans.

Did they still have the kids doing back flips on mini bikes?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:OK, what bike is that Red Bull can attached to. That ain't no OEM model I recognize.
It was on this custom cafe racer
mdubya wrote:Did they still have the kids doing back flips on mini bikes?
the kids in the back were riding BMX bikes and doing tricks.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:OK, what bike is that Red Bull can attached to. That ain't no OEM model I recognize.
It was on this custom cafe racer
The bike in your original photo doesn't have valves or cams in its top end (two stroke :deal: ). It has an ally frame and gold cast or forged wheels. ^^^^ is not the same bike. :shrug:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:The bike in your original photo doesn't have valves or cams in its top end (two stroke :deal: ). It has an ally frame and gold cast or forged wheels. ^^^^ is not the same bike. :shrug:
whale sheet...

maube it was this one - yo Bucho - do you remember?
Ken
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Yep, that's it. I wonder what motor that is?
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Mike, yes the redbull can was on the two stroke. It was def a Honda, looked like a 250 to me just from looking at the expansion chamber but I dont know.

The other one was a Yamaha YZ250/450F. Those caferacers were the best of the custom bikes in my opinion. Way cooler and bikes I'd actually want to ride a little rather than the choppers or slammed and stretched busas.

The kids who have done the stunt show the past couple of years weren't there. And I was always pretty impressed by them, back flips on 50's and CR150F's, doing the ball of death stuff.
Instead they had kids doing tricks on BMX bicycles. Not that they weren't skilled or anything, but bicycles ARE NOT motorcycles and there fore was totaly lame.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I saw those customs at another show this year, and yes, they're pretty bitchin. Like Bucho says, I could see myself riding one, and having a shit-eating grin the whole time.

However, that trike with the '50s Caddie fins, um, NO. :bull: That bike is ridden exclusively by: --> :pimp: