I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Post by Bucho »

Ha, ha. My test ride, (hopefully test rides), are to learn the route. There are alot of little roads and turns, I'm trying to memorize. I don't have a fancy GPS thingie to tell me where to go. I was hoping to be able to do this w/out constantly looking down at the map velcroed to the thigh of my Aerostich.
I'm not trying to learn the corners, like a track. Well, not really...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
delusion39
DAMN Wanabe

Post by delusion39 »

Any rough idea how many miles this ride would be? I'm looking for an excuse to get out of the house this weekend. If my tower city trip falls through, I'd like to meet up with your group if it's an open invitation type of event.

Thanks!

Shaun
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2006 KTM 450 EXC
2007 KTM 300 XC
2013 KTM 990 Adventure Baja

Ex bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KDX 200,2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (R.I.P),2002 Suzuki DRZ 400E, 1998 Honda Interceptor.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I don't know. The southern part of the loop will be around 40 miles or so. Probably double that, maybe a bit more.
The northern part of the loop are roads I'm more familiar with so was just gonna wing that part depending on time and how much everyone wants to ride.
But yes, everyone is welcome. I'm sure we'll will be the only group of guys on dualsports at the 7-11.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:But yes, everyone is welcome. I'm sure we'll will be the only group of guys on dualsports at the 7-11.
Come one, come all! Look for a dweeb wearing a Hiv Viz Yellow jacket and a drab green KLR. Not many of us in Maryland let alone Fredrick County! :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Guys,
Is there a rain threshold that you won't cross? The weather looks hit-or-miss for tomorrow, but I guess you never can tell until the last minute, right?

I ain't scareda no rain :ride: , just not sure where the line will be drawn. Maybe just check in here in the AM to see if all is a go for 1030?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:Guys,
Is there a rain threshold that you won't cross? The weather looks hit-or-miss for tomorrow, but I guess you never can tell until the last minute, right?

I ain't scareda no rain :ride: , just not sure where the line will be drawn. Maybe just check in here in the AM to see if all is a go for 1030?
Cloudy with a chance of rain in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Rain threshold? For me there is. But it is one of those things that I know it when I see it. :lol2:

Yup - check here first.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Weather prediction sucks. Up until a day or so ago, it was supposed to be raining Saturday and bright and sunny for Sunday. Now it looks like today would have been the better day for this.
I got out for a short ride earlier and it was nice.
I'm still up for it. In of itself, my gear is more of less waterproof, so a little rain isn't too bad. I just hate having to slow for wet, sloppy corners.
I guess if weather is rainy in the mornin, its supposed to be nicer in the afternoon. Maybe we can bump it back closer to noon?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Maybe we can bump it back closer to noon?
I vote for a 1 PM launch.
Ken
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
Bucho wrote:Maybe we can bump it back closer to noon?
I vote for a 1 PM launch.
Maybe we can check in here at around 0900 (or whatever) after everyone has had a peek at Doppler radar, and make a decision from there?

Today would have been great. I've been buzzing around all day. :ride:

I stopped by to find the correct 7-11, which I assume is the one adjacent to the goofy seafoam green motel? Who paints a motel this color?
:lol2:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yes, that the right 7-11, next to the high class motel. At Route 40 and Old Camp.

If weather looks fine in the morning we can meet at normal time 1030-1045. If not plan B can be for 1245.

I'll be back from church in the morning around 0945. I'll check back here and we can all give our say of Plan A or B.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200