I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Post by Bucho »

I have no problem going by myself, but I thought I'd throw this up anyway.

Dualsport/motard ride: Mixed pavement and dirtroads. Following an Mdubya route south of Middletown and then heading up to ride the Frederick Watershed area.
Leaving around 1045-1100. Starting place up for discussion depending on who's going. But the 7-11 or one of the gas stations right at the junction of Route 40 and alternate 40 in Frederick would work for me.

This will probably only be a couple of hours not a super long ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Teethgrinder

Re: Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Post by Teethgrinder »

Given that I am right near the starting area, I would have little reason not to tag along. I have a stocker tank and no knobs, however, so I don't want to slow you down. :shrug:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:Given that I am right near the starting area, I would have little reason not to tag along. I have a stocker tank and no knobs, however, so I don't want to slow you down. :shrug:
Sorry - I hold the title of slowest DAMN Rider! :dirtdog: :rayof:

I'm in - see you at the 7-11. I'll get there around 10:30
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
Teethgrinder wrote:Given that I am right near the starting area, I would have little reason not to tag along. I have a stocker tank and no knobs, however, so I don't want to slow you down. :shrug:
Sorry - I hold the title of slowest DAMN Rider! :dirtdog: :rayof:

I'm in - see you at the 7-11. I'll get there around 10:30
I'll see your "slow", and raise you two "slows". I'll throw in an "undershoots turns" for good measure.
I will see you guys at that 7-11. Given the size of my tank, and the length of the ride, I will call that "Fill-up #1 of about 37".

Actually it will be #2, as #1 would be used up getting me from Ballenger Creek over to Patrick Street. :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Scott, I swapped my knobbies out the other day, so I'll be on 17's too.
We can take a fuel stop in Middletown before we tackle the watershed. Or Ken's KLR could probably refuel both of our bikes.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Or Ken's KLR could probably refuel both of our bikes.
Multiple times! :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Bucho wrote:Hey Scott, I swapped my knobbies out the other day, so I'll be on 17's too.
We can take a fuel stop in Middletown before we tackle the watershed. Or Ken's KLR could probably refuel both of our bikes.
If the weather is anything like it was today, running out of gas wouldn't even be so bad. Beautiful day :ride:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I did a pre-ride of the south of Middletown (Mdubya's route) part of the ride. Looks like its gonna be pretty good. There are a lot of turns to remember, probably gonna get another practice ride in the rain on fri/sat.

There are alot of scenic little one lane bridges and a small creek crossing.
Might have to put Scott in charge of action shots. One of bridges has a built in jump.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Bucho wrote:I did a pre-ride of the south of Middletown (Mdubya's route) part of the ride. Looks like its gonna be pretty good. There are a lot of turns to remember, probably gonna get another practice ride in the rain on fri/sat.

There are alot of scenic little one lane bridges and a small creek crossing.
Might have to put Scott in charge of action shots. One of bridges has a built in jump.
I will have Cheap Canon Powershot in hand, of course. What I lack in riding ability, I can make up for as photo-lackey. I am also good at carrying things.
:ride:

All this talk about practice/test runs makes me worry. You guys aren't a gang of Ricky Carmichaels, are you? I might as well walk right out into the parking lot and toss myself to the ground a few times and get it over with. :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:All this talk about practice/test runs makes me worry. You guys aren't a gang of Ricky Carmichaels, are you? I might as well walk right out into the parking lot and toss myself to the ground a few times and get it over with. :lol2:
Me? On a KLR? get a grip! :dry:

Bucho? Don't believe a word he says! :bow:
Ken