I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Teethgrinder

Re: Frederick dualsport/motard ride, 4/6

Post by Teethgrinder »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
Scott - when you want to do it again but at a speed where we can see the scenery - holler!
:harhar: The only scenery I could focus on today was the line I was trying to keep behind Bucho!

Put your tire where he does... put your tire where he does...
:lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote: :harhar: The only scenery I could focus on today was the line I was trying to keep behind Bucho!
you saw more of him then than I did - I'd see him waiting patiently at an intersection then he'd disappear! :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Here's the track
Attachments
track.jpg
track.jpg (198.89 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Louge

Post by Louge »

For the first time in several years I had breakfast at the Faquier Stock Exchange. Ya gotta love a place that has "Cows - For Sale" signs on the bathroom door. Great breakfast BTW ... homemade sausage, poached eggs, grits, english muffin and coffee. :brows: It was still raining when I made my way back down Rt.55 and up Rt. 15. The rain abated as I crossed the Potomac.

Yeeeohh :rickey: Yeeeohh :rickey: Yeeeohh :ride: Hmmm ... DR, DRZ-SM and glow-in-the-dark Ken :peep: Might be time to make a U-bee and fall into line.
MDubya's twisty lil route filled the bill with cliff diving cows for entertainment! :bull: After a quicky gas stop we did Thurston Road and some Sugarloaf dirt. Playing in the water was fun, the ole Sidi Vertebraes are, um, kinda po(u)rous though! :lol2:

On the way back through Sugarloaf I stopped and turned the engine off to allow two horses by. The lead horse would take three steps ahead and three back, this went on for about a minute. :lurker: The second horse took the lead and all was well.

Great time guys, CU at Greenridge ...
lou
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Holy crap... that was you in VA...

I was running trail for a bunch of sportbikes folks on my 990, and I saw a black 950 with HID's.. I didn't know if it was you....

cool deal... small world..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Good ride today. Nice to meet Scott and Lou. Ken, a pleasure as usual.
I think we made the best of the weather. The slick clay dirt roads were interesting. The pavement did have some dry spots. Sorry I got going into a groove there, we should have stopped for some pics on the scenic one lane bridges, I think there were at least 3-4 of them. Though the first one was the best, after I caught air, I stopped and turned just in time to see the big Katoom with its front end high in the air.
Thanks Lou for leading around Sugarloaf, I'm glad you noticed the open gate at the Monacacy river, (spelling?). That was a fun water crossing. Its good you were there to egg me on to try fording the deeper section up onto the zero traction mud on the opposite bank. I was impressed you did it w/ a 150lb heavier bike!
Good riding all. I can't wait to do it again.
Next time we'll do the watershed, Scott needs to ride that. We need more pics of watercrossings...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks for putting the map up Ken, its good to see our entire route for my mental map.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200