I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Years Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

New Years Ride

Post by Rut Row »

Anyone going out this weekend? I'll be off Friday.

No hare scrambles for me and am not up to another Tasker's Gap/Peter's Mill ride - my body is still recovering :knary:

Looking for something Geezer friendly I can do on the KTM.

All else fails, I'll tool around the Frederick watershed.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: New Years Ride

Post by Wingfixer »

I am planning on joining a COG ride on Saturday, its starting point is Cacapon Park, hard to say no when its 100' from my front door. Also, the DRZ is still down for maintenance.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I am planning on joining a COG ride on Saturday, its starting point is Cacapon Park, hard to say no when its 100' from my front door. Also, the DRZ is still down for maintenance.
Hmmm... maybe I could trade Bucho the KTM for his Connie for the day... you readin' this Phil?
Last edited by Rut Row on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

The Bride responded before Phil

Post by Rut Row »

oops ... it seems I now have a wine tasting party to go to on Saturday... :sheep:

Local riding only for me on Saturday :dirtdog:

Anyone riding Friday?
Ken
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mtd679 »

I might be in for Friday. Let me know what you have in mind.
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mtd679 wrote:I might be in for Friday. Let me know what you have in mind.
the KLR is still in pieces so gravel roads or EASY single track/dirt. After Peter's Mill, rocks aren't on the menu for a while :nono:
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Image Friday - Cloudy. A chance of snow in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.
Ugh... couple the weather with the look Momma gave me when I mentioned it... I think I'll do honeydos instead... :frustrated:
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey, I'm working Sat and have family plans on Friday.

But Ken you are welcome to any of the bikes in the shed.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Patrick,

Is this a "COG" ride or a just a ride on the Concours? I'll admit I have been slacking a little over on the COG forum (especially now that there are 2 forums to keep up with), but if I missed seeing a ride posted in our area I am going to have to turn in my badge......

Ken,

My wife is working on Friday and I am off so the "price" to "play" on Friday is low. I was going to tinker with the new Ulyssess and some stuff around the house but my first rule in life is never pass up a chance to ride. I think the weather forecast is now for PM snow showers so if you want to ride around the Frederick watershed I might be game.....

Jay
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Jay,

Its not a "sanctioned" COG ride. JamminJere had a thread going about it a few weeks back, he and I exchanged a few PM's about it. He and a group are arriving at Cacapon Thursday and Friday and are planning a 200ish mile ride leaving Saturday at 0800. I get the impression from him that this is something he organizes every year. I don't think he wants a free for all but he said some good COG riders (and I assume others) would be welcome. To be honest the forecast has me re-thinking the ride, snow and freezing rain Friday and temps in the low 30's during the day. OK for tagging but I am not sure about it for a grins and giggles ride.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.