I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Years Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
code
DAMN Poohba

Re: New Years Ride

Post by code »

Happy New years folks.... I may be up for something friday. See what the weather is doing....not keen on riding in icey conditions.
Jay, I'm just south of you...am up your way quite a bit throughout the year. Plenty of twisty backroads and there are actually quite a few gravel/dirt roads over your way and moreso as you head into the manchester / hampstead areas.
Space Ghost
DAMN Expert

Post by Space Ghost »

Happy New Years, I am off 4 days as well. If you dont mind coming over to Va.,I have a cool place to ride off road. Not rocky at all. I can take 3 or so riders at a time, all I ask is you dont have a really loud exhaust/ open mufflers.I am 20 miles south of Springfeild in Dumfries. Here is what it looks like.
Attachments
DSC01585 (Small).JPG
DSC01585 (Small).JPG (95.15 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
DSC01592 (Small).JPG
DSC01592 (Small).JPG (116.42 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
04 ktm250exc 05ktm525exc 2010Husaberg 570FE
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

SG - ignore PM - Jay - how bad do you want to ride the Buell?

btw, NWS says "Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 47." for the Fredneck area!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'll be out at Green Ridge on Saturday the 3rd. Going up with a friend and his father who both ride four wheelers. I'll be on the 610, so if anyone wants to meet up for a couple of laps let me know.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wow. You guys are much braver about the cold than I am!
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

As long as I ride hard, I usually warm right up. It usually only takes a little fear to get me to break a sweat. Although I'm sure what I consider kind of fast and a little scary, is a casual pace for some of you guys.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Well, depending on which weather station you believe, the forecast is any where between a 40 to 60% chance of snow or rain showers tommorrow morning. The afternoon looks to be better, high of 41.

Saturday looks to be sunny (and dry) but a little cooler and windy.

I am game for most anything. If there is enough precip Fri in the am to make the roads wet I probably want to keep the new Buell parked, especially if the State of Maryland dumps copious amounts of salt on the road like usual. I would still bring the Honda over to Frederick though as I doubt they salt the roads up in the Cotakins....

We can wait and see what the morning brings or somebody make an executive decision.......

Jay
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:Well, depending on which weather station you believe, the forecast is any where between a 40 to 60% chance of snow or rain showers tommorrow morning. The afternoon looks to be better, high of 41.

Saturday looks to be sunny (and dry) but a little cooler and windy.

I am game for most anything. If there is enough precip Fri in the am to make the roads wet I probably want to keep the new Buell parked, especially if the State of Maryland dumps copious amounts of salt on the road like usual. I would still bring the Honda over to Frederick though as I doubt they salt the roads up in the Cotakins....

We can wait and see what the morning brings or somebody make an executive decision.......

Jay
I had a shop tool break today and have to go into Leesburg early tomorrow to get parts. However, I have Phil's Connie on tap for the afternoon. I agree, the weather looks mighty iffy. :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Grady. Whattime r u going up and where r u meeting at I may bring up my rmz and see how it dose for me
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Code (or anybody who is interested),

I am going to meet up with Ken around 12:30ish at the 7-11 in New Windsor (just outside of Westminster). Ken will have Bucco's connie and I will be on my Ulysses and we will play around where ever the roads take us. Feel free to call me for more details: 443-829-3647.

Jay