I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Years Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
code
DAMN Poohba

Re: New Years Ride

Post by code »

Could this be the same group?
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/ind ... 897.0.html
Looks like a decent size group, but I have come to pass on riding with groups from ST.net :nono: The groups I've been on have been a surplus of mindless hooligans. That and cold temps make me wonder :target: . Have fun you guys if you decide to go. Hey wingfixer...sry I didn't get back to you earlier too about going riding this week. My boss was being a turd bout whether we were going to have off or not on fri. :dirtdog: Didn't get the announcement that we're closed til late today and the weather is lookin' iffy. If I go sat. or sun. I'll let ya know.
~Joe
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:Patrick,

Is this a "COG" ride or a just a ride on the Concours? I'll admit I have been slacking a little over on the COG forum (especially now that there are 2 forums to keep up with), but if I missed seeing a ride posted in our area I am going to have to turn in my badge......

Ken,

My wife is working on Friday and I am off so the "price" to "play" on Friday is low. I was going to tinker with the new Ulyssess and some stuff around the house but my first rule in life is never pass up a chance to ride. I think the weather forecast is now for PM snow showers so if you want to ride around the Frederick watershed I might be game.....

Jay
that's a long haul for you for trivial stuff - is there something in between us?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Code,

No worries, the DRZ is TU (say, tango uniform) from the ride last weekend at Taskers. I just ordered a new (at least it was in 2002) radiator from a guy on ThumperTalk. He sold me that and a Clarke 3.9 gallon tank for $200, pretty sweet deal me thinks. He says the Clarke is new in the box. The weather is supposed to be getting a little better for riding later in the week, I am off until the 6th if you, or any of the other hooligans here, want to hit some dirt after I get the DRZ healed up.

That is the same group, not sure if I will get past breakfast. I do have ulterior motives though, JamminJere is the hookup for Muzzy exhaust systems and PC3 kits for the C14, gonna see what kind of deal I can hassle him for.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Can you right Friday Code? I can borrow Bucho's Connie and we can tool around near Jay.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Patrick,

That is a SWEET deal for the tank and radiator! I paid like $190 just for my 4.7 Clarke for the Honda alone, you are basically getting the radiator for gratis.....

Code,

I agree with you that the STN guys make me nervous; my one encounter was not very "productive". I decided a while ago that "the home of triple digit sight seeing" was not a good fit for me either; but it is still fun to lurk on their web site....

Ken,

I don't mind throwing the Honda on the carrier and coming over to play in the Frederick water shed. However if you want to street-it instead, I'd love to get the new Buell out for a stretch. I live close to the Prettyboy Water shed area that has some decent back roads to occupy us with (unfortunaelty no dirt or off-road stuff). We can keep an eye on the weather and figure it out closer to Friday if you want.....

Jay
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:I don't mind throwing the Honda on the carrier and coming over to play in the Frederick water shed. However if you want to street-it instead, I'd love to get the new Buell out for a stretch. I live close to the Prettyboy Water shed area that has some decent back roads to occupy us with (unfortunaelty no dirt or off-road stuff). We can keep an eye on the weather and figure it out closer to Friday if you want.....
Let's coordinate tomorrow - I've never ridden Bucho's Connie so I don't want to get too adventurous. Maybe we could meet around noon?
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I can attest to the twisties near Jay, I would love to get the C14 over there. Is it Spring yet?

Jay, and the tank is blue, what are the chances of that?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I can attest to the twisties near Jay, I would love to get the C14 over there.
so does that mean you're in?
Ken
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Unfortunately, I don't get home from work until late Friday night. Saturday afternoon or Sunday are open though, and every day until the 6th.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Jay - we could always go crosscountry from Fredneck and snag the DAMN tag at Cacapon Resort State Park.

Do you have a GPS on your Uly?
Ken