I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Maryland Gravel Roads Map

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
code
DAMN Poohba

Maryland Gravel Roads Map

Post by code »

This map has mostly maryland gravel / dirt roads. I've included some pa. and some va. as well. Am still working on the rest of va., wv. and pa. If you have tracks, routes or waypoint markers of any trails, etc. that you would be willing to share, let me know and I'll ad them to the map.

Please read - Disclaimer
... ( I was hesitant in posting this..don't abuse it)
Do not post this map elsewhere. If I find it over on ADV. or any other site I will remove it altogether. This is strictly for D.A.M.N. riders or visitors of the site. Reason being..a majority of these roads are privately owned farm roads open to the public but receiving very little outside traffic. If we get hooligans and too many people ripping through these areas they'll close them off to the public. So when riding in these areas, be considerate of the locals, ride respectfully and it doesn't hurt to wave as a friendly gesture should you pass someone out walking or driving.

Consider it my contribution. :thumbup:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 37f07f&z=7

Thanks and enjoy all my hard work :lol2: :rickey:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Maryland Gravel Roads Map

Post by Wingfixer »

Dude, that's awesome, can't wait for it to warm up a little so I can go explore. It looks like a lot of work, thanks. If you ever want a partner for finding some more roads give me a shout.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

You guys will have to come out west when spring ever gets here. Miles and miles and miles, etc of dirt and gravel.

:deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

mdubya wrote:You guys will have to come out west when spring ever gets here. Miles and miles and miles, etc of dirt and gravel.

Am out there all the time. My parents have a cabin out there off of rt.39 next to the yough river. Where abouts are you?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:You guys will have to come out west when spring ever gets here. Miles and miles and miles, etc of dirt and gravel.

and we need to get you 'n Rob to do that "Sink or Swim - Fords of WV & Western MD" ride
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Tossed in a few fords that I know of (represented by water) will add more throughout the week. If / when I get a chance I'm intending on going back in and getting rid of the flags and just highlight the roads in brown. Right now it looks like a mess with the flags...bit hard to figure out what's what.

Not sure I'll be participating in the sink/swim....short fords is where I'm keepin' it now...don't wanna take too much of chance of swamping the only bike I've got.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

code wrote:Not sure I'll be participating in the sink/swim....short fords is where I'm keepin' it now...don't wanna take too much of chance of swamping the only bike I've got.
you could always trailer the bike across the fords... :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Code, its not that bad. I've swamped my DR and had to pull a spark plug. The best advice is just to let someone else go first!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

code wrote:

Am out there all the time. My parents have a cabin out there off of rt.39 next to the yough river. Where abouts are you?
I am in the north end of Oakland, just off of 219.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:

and we need to get you 'n Rob to do that "Sink or Swim - Fords of WV & Western MD" ride
Bear Creek near Friendsville was absolutely raging on Friday. You would have had better luck in your Kayak. But even then, it was pretty wild. Even the mountain run offs were full blown waterfalls. It was pretty cool.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC