I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Re: BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by Stinson »

Where is the meeting? Can interested people attend, or is an invite needed?

Thanks
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Stinson wrote:Where is the meeting? Can interested people attend, or is an invite needed?

Thanks
Sam listed the meeting place earlier:
BigBird wrote:See Below: I think dues are $75 a year and there is a one time new member charge of maybe $40? but no charge for kids.

You must do 2 work days before being voted on and one of them must be an "adopt a road" which are irregular in the winter months but there is one this Sat. (see below)

Must be present at monthly meeting to submit application and to be voted on at the following meeting (after doing 2 work days). Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at the Jefferson Patriotic Club, 300 East Fourth Street, Frederick, MD 21701, from 7:30-9:00pm. (This Jan the meeting will be on the 2nd Thursday.) Meeting is upstairs above the bar room.

They do have some youth events and have some limited access to relatively local private riding areas plus Xmass and other parties and group rides similar to DAMN

Subject: [R and T Club] - Adopt-A-Road Cleanup - Saturday, December 6, 2014,
9:00am

This quarter's road clean-up is scheduled for THIS Saturday, December 6,
2014, at 9:00am. Meet at the red brick church, just north of the railroad
tracks on Mussetter Road, Ijamsville.

Coffee, donuts, comraderie, all the joys of life will be available,
including all the trash you can stuff in a bag and drag along the side of
the road. What's not to like?!
I am pretty sure they won't haze you too bad if you just show up and say you know someone from DAMN....
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BillyGoat wrote:I'm interested but can you describe the "...some club riding areas although the closest one currently has limited access". What does this mean? You know, but I don't know. How many, roughly where, how big, what are the limits? (limited riders, limited days per year, limited displacement? what?)
I think you need to recall the first Rule of Fight Club. :poser:
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

The meeting is 7:30 tomorrow (Thursday) at the Jeffersonian Patriotic Social Club in Frederick. 300 E 4th Street. If anyone is interested, I can introduce you to the officers, and guide you through the process. We could meet in the parking lot just prior to the meeting. I will arrive around 7:00, in a green Jeep Wrangler. Text me your name to 240.385.5010 if interested, or you can give me a call with any questions.

The meeting room is small and usually crowded, so it might be standing room only.

Jim
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by Firebolter »

R&T owns no property, they get access to some. Our "Club" grounds is property owned by the Dutrow's. We were shut down for a year or more due to access was via CSX along the tracks and they closed that off, so new access to the property is negotiated with a land owner who is next to the property. The other areas are donated to our club and allow us to ride for free a few times a year like Boyers and others. Size is about a 4 mile loop. Actually better for trials than Trails, but has a nice single track loop. Bottom line, like most clubs, it gives you access to multiple areas during the year to ride, but it isn't a massive area. I haven't ridden at the old club grounds for 2+ years.
Lots of cool bikes---
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Thanks Firebolter. That's what I was looking for. I'm not "scared" to contribute or volunteer. But I'm not used to having to go to a store and buy a box of "something" when I don't know what's in it.

I skipping the meetign and going to the roadside cleanup.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Headed to the R&T meeting now. Here's hoping they let me in...
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

thetable wrote:Headed to the R&T meeting now. Here's hoping they let me in...
What did you think of the meeting?
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I think I'll fit right in to R&T... Don't take things too seriously until it really matters.

Kirk
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

jgreene wrote:
thetable wrote:Headed to the R&T meeting now. Here's hoping they let me in...
What did you think of the meeting?
Good bunch of guys, meeting was much more structured than the typical WATR meeting. I kind of had a good idea of I was getting myself in for... Looks like I'll be picking up trash come Saturday. Forgot to ask Chris if I can count any of the GMER days as work days, but I'll be putting my time in regardless, just a matter of when I can turn in my application and write a check, hopefully...