I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Show us your ride pics!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Show us your ride pics!

Post by Bucho »

Wow, thats some mud. Ive heard that about Wicomico at certain times of the year
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

After the race discussion with 2 of the guys I've been carpooling with the past few years. Left to right is Steve (45+ C), me (30+ C), and Mike (40+ C). The whole crew except for original Thomas and new Thomas :lol2:

They had a jump in one of the field sections. Guys were getting pretty good air here. I pussed out :killingme:

Mike didn't, DAMN show off.

This was a fast track. I can do ok on the tight/technical stuff, not so much with the fast stuff. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone quite a bit today and still only got 15th in class. BUT was on 14th's heals and only a few minutes off from the top guy in class. If I had knocked off 2-3 minutes I would have been in neighborhood of a top 5 finish. Basically all the time I lost on the first lap to traffic.

Steve got 5th in his class and Mike got 9th after taking a couple dirt naps on the last lap. Original Thomas was 7th, new Thomas did not participate after hugging some trees at the last round (they are both in 30+C also).

This hare didn't scramble quickly enough :dry:

And the start. I am quickly realizing I need to be way more aggressive on these starts now that I can actually compete with these guys.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice pics, cool video. As a non-racer (me) I can see once you get done with the wide open start and into the woods, it's hard to pass.
You are on the 610?
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

How much of the start is down to motor and how much to aggression? How's the 'new' motor working out?
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:36 am Nice pics, cool video. As a non-racer (me) I can see once you get done with the wide open start and into the woods, it's hard to pass.
You are on the 610?
I race my little Husky, which is a 125 bored/stroked to 177cc. It is ~100 lbs less than the 610. No way in hell I'd want to wrestle that big bastard through these woods :lol2:

Marylander wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:26 am How much of the start is down to motor and how much to aggression? How's the 'new' motor working out?
Most of these races aren't this open and fast, so motor size usually isn't a major factor. But this round the 450's were killing everybody in the fields. If you watch my start video, original Thomas (black kx450, 29J) was dead last on the start after stalling. But that wide open field stuff in the beginning let him fly right on by in short order.

New engine is running great. I'm very happy with it. Just enough extra umph without getting crazy.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:lol2:

OK. I was wondering if you were on the 610 why you were so slow at the start :lol2:

450 v 177 explains a lot.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:11 am :lol2:

OK. I was wondering if you were on the 610 why you were so slow at the start :lol2:

450 v 177 explains a lot.
Oh I have the 165 version of Joes 177 and let me tell you when the pipe comes on you best be ready and have a clear path in front....problem is I need about 4 more gears to run the speed the 300 smoker can toss out. That said they will put a huge grin on your face or pure terror if it comes alive when aimed at a tree.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Oh yea, this bike will haul ass. The guy sitting on top of it pusses out at about 50 mph though :killingme:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Check it out, I got Ken on a dirtbike!

We made a little trail for the OSET at Ken's property. The little bike worked pretty well. Both Ken and I absolutely loved the almost silent motor of the bike. You can hear sticks breaking before you hear the electric motor.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

that thing was a hoot! and a whole lot harder to ride than you might expect
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris