I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tag-o-DAMN-rama

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Tag-o-DAMN-rama

Post by bonehead »

Daves08excr wrote:Na no body's listening.
What? Did someone say something? You available early Sunday for a ride? Move the tag to a wet area?
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Headed down the ocean for the weekend thanks anyway.Going down to peddle and paddle.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

bonehead wrote:
What? Did someone say something? You available early Sunday for a ride? Move the tag to a wet area?
Sunday ride, to creek area..... Details.... The xr needs to stretch it's legs...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hondahawkrider wrote:
bonehead wrote:
Sunday ride, to creek area..... Details.... The xr needs to stretch it's legs...
can you stand a few hours on that thing? PM sent.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Tag!

Go east on Boonsboro Mountain Road and about 1/4 mile or so before you get to I-70 overpass, turn right down the dirt road. Eventually you get to the back side of the rest stop that is on I-70 southbound.

btw Bucho, that little road to the right is the one I mentioned we need to explore. :rickey:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

new tag... :jack:

Ken
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Kyler wrote:new tag... :jack:

I am starting to really like this stuff. This was the frist of three tries. Ken and I stood on the bank of the creek deciding which line "LOOKED" shallow enough for us to make it. The water here was a little deeper then we thought at 20' feet away. Actually, the rear end is floating. :lol2: . I just grabbed the rear rack and walked it around then pushed the front out. Once we got back on shore I went back it and tested the water to actually find the shallow area (maybe a few inchess less). then i started up the 950 and went for it again(with Ken laughing a me). the next time I made it. i went down the road a little and turned around to see if Ken was going to need some help. So, I crossed back thru and asked him. He muttered something about not being a DAMN pus and fired up the black beast :loveit: and went for it.

Afterwards we decided to run our bikes for a little and dry them( the indsides at least) off.

So, Ken how do you like wearing waterproof boots(BUCKETS). :poser:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

[youtube][/youtube]

Lesson #1 - when riding with bonehead, wear chest waders! :poser:

Lesson #2 - don't try crossing creeks when you are wearing your waterproof riding boots - can you say squishy toes? :boohoo:

btw, the new tag is Back River Ford on Ganotown Road GPS: N39.40238 W78.14190

Bonus points for crossing the creek - bike must be at least axle deep in the water for tagging credit. :deal:
Ken
nani

Post by nani »

thats deep!!

so the KTMs run on creek water?
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Wow! Where is the intake on those bikes? My poor WR would be sucking water in much shallower water.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200