I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Frederick County Dirt Roads

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Someone by the handle JayD has gone to a lot of effort to map the dirt roads around here - JayD - are you a DAMN Rider? Speak up! Job well done dude. :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Frederick County Dirt Roads

Post by Bucho »

I see a "Connect the Dirtroads" dualsport/motard ride coming up.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Hey now, I think you are on to somethin' Count me in!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

There are some he missed - I'm trying to figure out how to contact him and get added to the colaboration list.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Found the same site back in April. Is a nice find, and he found a lot of the only existing fords in maryland...have a few he hasn't found and noticed there were a few listed in the ford section that he missed, however, since it hasn't been updated a few of those are now paved. Prices Distillery is definitely a pretty nice place for ford practice...stay to the one side it's all rock but deeper then the other side which is mostly sand.

If anyone wants a gps file with a bunch of maryland dirt/gravel roads, some pa. ones and some va. , and wv. then feel free to pm me. Am trying to update it as much as possible and also add tracks for the actual trails stuff. So if you want to add to it that's cool too. Hopefully I'll make it out to GR this coming spring to get some nice stuff added and not just gravel. Have linked what I have thus far and have been out to Carlisle, Pa. clear down through thurmont and back on about 80-85% gravel/dirt. Adds an entire new entity to riding.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

All right Code, looks like you are up to lead a ride on your "mostly gravel/dirt route".
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Wouldn't mind doing that, however, I'm relatively new to the dirt / gravel stuff and all I've got is my weestrom (so we won't be going super fast). So if you don't mind a slower pace I'm all for it. I've come to notice that a lot of those roads you can't going hauling ass on anyways or you'll be taken out by some large piece of farm equipment. :roost: That and of late the only people I've seen on those roads as of late have guns and bright orange on. Needless to say, I don't wanna end up in the paper as someone that pissed off some hunter :deal: :lol2:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

No problem, we'll save the race pace for the trails where we aren't worried about cars or other traffic.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
DCL
DAMN n00b

Post by DCL »

I'd like to join in the fun.

I'm new to dirt and gravel as well...and with my F650 I would probably be going the same pace as your Wee.

Drew

code wrote:Wouldn't mind doing that, however, I'm relatively new to the dirt / gravel stuff and all I've got is my weestrom (so we won't be going super fast). So if you don't mind a slower pace I'm all for it. I've come to notice that a lot of those roads you can't going hauling ass on anyways or you'll be taken out by some large piece of farm equipment. :roost: That and of late the only people I've seen on those roads as of late have guns and bright orange on. Needless to say, I don't wanna end up in the paper as someone that pissed off some hunter :deal: :lol2:
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Let me check to see what family fun is goin' on this weekend. If it's free than I'll mock something up for sat. or sun. if anyone is interested? Most likely sat. cuz I think I've got a dinner or something sunday afternoon. We'll save the ford crossings for a warmer day this time around too.
~Joe

Here's the link :thumbup: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=358