I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

May 3 White Rose

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: May 3 White Rose

Post by Boom Boom »

I think they said MAVT (on Saturday) had 55 riders and D-6 (on Sunday) was around a 45 head count.
Sure would like to see a better head count than that.
$5 gate fee and $20 sign up fee, for $25 you get all day riding...just riding the loop was worth that.
These clubs place a huge amount of effort into running a event.
I DAMN well know we have many more trials bike owners on this forum that I have yet to see at an event.
If intimidated just sign up beginner and what that offers is a easy day of riding but most important you get to ride a fun loop and you can watch the top dogs show off all the skills they have and not have to walk the loop to see it. You also help the clubs cover the expense of organizing an event, do some bench racing after and drink a couple beers.
Or you can sit at home and read about all the fun we are having.
Just watching the champ line riders was worth showing up to see that show.
OBTW, there was a nice Gas Gas for sale at the event for $2200 if anyone is looking.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote: Those that missed it sure screwed up.
I beg to differ. I had a limited amount of time and could have made one day or the other, but not both. My daughter asked if I'd stay home and ride with her instead. I believe I made the right call.

That said, I do encourage any of you who haven't yet made an event to give it a try. I didn't have any desire to compete when I first started fiddling with trials, but caved to peer pressure and went to an event. I had so much fun that I didn't miss another for 3 seasons! :ride: It really is a ton of fun.

I'm going to be backing off on competing a little this year in favor of more play riding and giving some of my family's other interests more time. I'll make some events for sure, just not all of them like I have in recent years.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Longboardr wrote:
The 3 line (in MAVT) is a lot easier than the novice line (in D6). The scores were high all around, even the champ guys were well above 50 points for the day. The select few folks that stayed in single digits did it by knowing body positioning and technique on the off cambers.
It is my understanding that the MAVT and D6 lines are very roughly equivalent as indicated below.

MAVT 4 -- D6 Beginner
MAVT 3 -- Somewhere in between D6 Beginner and D6 Novice
MAVT 2 -- D6 Novice
MAVT 1 -- D6 Intermediate

MAVT has nothing relative the the D6 classes above intermediate.

Watching the D6 Expert/Champ guys is always very impressive!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Moto-J....that looks like the perfect day :thumbup:

I don't have any kids but yesterday I had the pleasure of chasing around a club members nephew doing his first event on beginner line.
He is riding a 300 Gas Gas so starting don't work so well for the little fella (that is where I came in).
Was fun watching him do well and get mad at himself when things didn't go so well.
When he was done we done some follow the leader and I had him crossing some nice sized logs till I got tired of starting the bike for him. DAMN kids will play you out.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Longboardr wrote: You might wanna watch the smack talk, I've seen you, ahh, ride :brows:

The 3 line (in MAVT) is a lot easier than the novice line (in D6). The scores were high all around, even the champ guys were well above 50 points for the day. The select few folks that stayed in single digits did it by knowing body positioning and technique on the off cambers.
calling what I do on a trials bike "riding" is taking a lot of liberties with the English language! :poser:

and thanks for the explanation. wasn't aware of that difference.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

motojunky wrote:
Longboardr wrote:
It is my understanding that the MAVT and D6 lines are very roughly equivalent as indicated below.

MAVT 4 -- D6 Beginner
MAVT 3 -- Somewhere in between D6 Beginner and D6 Novice
MAVT 2 -- D6 Novice
MAVT 1 -- D6 Intermediate

MAVT has nothing relative the the D6 classes above intermediate.

Watching the D6 Expert/Champ guys is always very impressive!
I'd say you nailed it. It all depends on the event too. I rode the 2 Line at Dover last year and it was harder than I was used to riding D6 Novice. The 3 Line at Candytown this year was easier than I'm used to as Novice in D6, but I was on the Reflex so it worked out well.

I'm thinking I'll keep riding the Reflex at future MAVT events, man handling that pig makes me better when I get back on a modern bike, win/win!
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote:It was White Rose MC 40th anniversary, had 2 guys at the event that was at the first event 40 years ago...pretty cool.
Congrats Mike. :thumbup:

:lol2:

I'm back to NOT working weekends and I do have an old trials bike out back somewhere. The honest answer I can't keep shit straight. And what is all this D6 stuff? You gotta break it down for us idjits....do I have to join another club/organization/frat? BTW I finally broke down and joined the AMA to be able to ride some events. So, I'm working on getting my shit together. See ya at Mtn Ridge.

Congrats on a good day :deal:
Bruce
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

:thumbup: Way to go Boom Boom!

And now we all know why spring is taking so long to get here....Dirtygrunt joined AMA! :think: :thumbup:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Congratulations, boom boom!

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200