I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers Gap ride Friday 12/26 (with 12/27 as a fall-back)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Taskers Gap ride Friday 12/26 (with 12/27 as a fall-back)

Post by Wingfixer »

Yeah dude, come on out, the more the merrier and not all of us will be taking on the rock gardens. There is plenty of trail that is not as demanding as the above picture - good thing for me!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

:whip: With a little encouragment :dirtdog: from the enlightened :sheep: , I've ckecked the 640 and she looks good despite having minimal rear tread :shrug: . The alarm is set for day break and I've got the camera, GPS, and snivel-gear waiting by the door... :nono: Don't expect me to follow you through any rock gardens :screwy:, but I'll join the group for other activities :kbasa: :eats: :kumbaya: .
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I wouldn't think a KTM 640 would be any heavier then my DR650. I believe Mike Lafferty saw my bike and asked, "Whos riding the Lead Sled?"...

I wont blame you for not riding the rock gardens. I probably shouldn't either, but I'll see Rob float through them and I'm sure that will be enough to get my competitive juices flowing.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

It'll be a level playing field at least because I'm riding down there on the XRL. I tore the shit out of the rear tube on Wednesday while mounting the new tires with the tire machine at work. I didn't have and couldn't get a 19" tube, so I just attempted a compound patch job with no luck. See y'all in the am.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

I'm loaded up and heading out momentarily. See y'all at the Shell in Edinburg at 0930. I'm stoked for a full day of carnage and brutality! :thumbup:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Looking forward to the reports. I spent Xmas sick on the couch and I am in no condition to ride today. I am jealous though.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
gtop

Post by gtop »

mdubya wrote:Looking forward to the reports. I spent Xmas sick on the couch and I am in no condition to ride today. I am jealous though.
Too many of the high proof egg noggs??? :cheers:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Awesome ride today! It was great to meet and see everyone. Thanks Jay for getting the ball rolling for this ride. It was just what I needed. :thumbup:

They've made alot of changes at Tasker's. We definately conquered the worst that place has to offer. Awesome! I'll post some pics and video later...
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Made it home after dark and found the only noticable damage from the 'mud slides'. Some how I tweaked the slot the pin drops into to lock the bars; a little cursing :censored: later and it works once again. I'll have to post photos of the 640 napping latter.
The ride home over Shanandoah back roads was a hoot, except for the mist/rain near Skyline Dr. (luckily it wasn't icing yet.)

It sure was great to off-road again. Thanks for the ride and the hot meal :eats: .
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:I spent Xmas sick on the couch and I am in no condition to ride today.
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure which was worse! :lol2:

Rob warned us about the serious short rock gardens but he forgot to mention the long even more serious rock gardens linking them! :frustrated: What the heck, I survived and now, a few hours later, they don't seem quite so bad. :gdog:

NOT! :bandit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris