I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers Gap ride Friday 12/26 (with 12/27 as a fall-back)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: Taskers Gap ride Friday 12/26 (with 12/27 as a fall-back)

Post by RRob »

Yes, I'm still in. I'm wondering if I should bring the XRL or the CRF? Are we planning to ride on public roads or not?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I was just planning on riding dirt (and rocks).

No one has spoken, bring the CRF if you prefer.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:Friday - Mostly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s.
mdubya, can we interest you in changing your plans? :smoking:
Oh, I am interested. It is just too much for me to pull off. I almost brought the 520 with me to MoCo so I could go straight to Taskers from here. But I have too many things planned and I only get back to DC/MoCo about 4 times a year, so I gotta do the most I can with my time here. :boohoo:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Cool, I'm bringing the CRF. With the warm weather predicted for Friday, I'm expecting some spring-like trail conditions. The stickers are coming off the Millvilles... :deal:
Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

The National Weather Service, who arraigned it just for us... wrote:Friday: A chance of rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Light southeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
gtop - you gonna come out and play? :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

RRob wrote:Yes, I'm still in. I'm wondering if I should bring the XRL or the CRF? Are we planning to ride on public roads or not?
Bring both of them?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:
RRob wrote:Yes, I'm still in. I'm wondering if I should bring the XRL or the CRF? Are we planning to ride on public roads or not?
Bring both of them?
+1 :ride:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gtop

Post by gtop »

I would love to join you guys but we have family coming in from out of state.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

My first post here ( :deal: , east-coast cherry) after nearly a year of lurking despite having DAMN email.
This ride sounds a bit too technical for me :bow: . I'm accustomed to the riding in New Mexico where even a novice old fart on a big GS :pimp: can handle 95% of the low-land areas and nearly as much of the mountatin trails at 30-70mph :whoop: . I'm now riding a KTM 640 but am concerned about rubbing the "new" off it trying follow 250cc trail bikes through rock gardens :hitsthefan: . The riding this side of the 'Old Muddy' sure is different; going 100 mile to find a patch of gravel to ride in circles :foul: ? ...but that's what I get for moving to DC :wallbash: :censored: .
Perhaps I'll get out there Friday AM and stick to the large firebreaks :peep: ; someone has to take pictures :lurker: . Besides, it sure would be nice to feel gravel under the knobbies agian :rickey: .
Last edited by Stevens on Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Stevens wrote:Perhaps I'll get out there Friday AM and stick to the large firebreaks :peep: ; someone has to take pictures :lurker: . Besides, it sure would be nice to feel gravel under the knobbies agian :rickey: .
Perhaps my DAMN ass! Get you butt out there! :dirtdog:

You can't be any worse than me - come and join us :kumbaya:

'sides, a little bird told me we are going to have BuchoBrawts! :eats:
Ken