I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers Gap ride Friday 12/26 (with 12/27 as a fall-back)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: Taskers Gap ride Friday 12/26 (with 12/27 as a fall-back)

Post by RRob »

This is my annotated trail map of Taskers Gap/Peter Mill Run. The yellow lines are easy, big bike friendly fire roads. Red lines are harder, rockier trails. The purple lines are rock gardens. The picture I posted above is of the small rock garden on trail 457. It looks a little bit intimidating but I get through there clean every time. Trail 494 is very difficult and should be avoided. I can never find trail 495 but I've been told its harder than 494. The 553 trails are newer, fun dual-track trails cut through the woods.

Rob

XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:There are some decent trails there.

But there are also some aweful rocky trails that I remember as not even being fun. Though I would like to say that I'm a better rider now, but still I'd probably avoid some of those.
Are you coming Bucho? Need a ride?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:This is my annotated trail map of Taskers Gap/Peter Mill Run. The yellow lines are easy, big bike friendly fire roads
that includes KLRs! :brows: Bring it on! :bandit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

From looking at your map Rob I've done the 494 section. I think I remember one part of it being neat where you go down into a stream bed and ride down part then back up and out of it. (Or maybe we just did that b/c it was easier.)
I also remember some other aweful rocky sections.
But all that said I'll certainly go back there. Maybe not everyweekend or anything. But at least once for this season.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Stay away from trail 493 extream rocks very hard trail. We hit it last time we were there got a little way up and was so tired we carried the bikes up a small hill and over the guard rail to the road next to the trail. The rest of the trails were good some rocks but if you ride here in the north east you know how to ride rocks anyway.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:
Bucho wrote:Oh yes, the rocks...

Now I remember why I haven't gone back there.
Doh!

I have never been to Taskers because it has not been spoken highly of. I would be game to try those rocks on the 520. It seems to be able to cheat over sections that give others absolute fits.
so, maybe the KTM riders will be looking back at the others? Keep that camera pointed forward Rob! :amazon:
Did you get your suspension done? I think that is what makes my bike the cheater that it seems to be. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:
Kyler wrote:so, maybe the KTM riders will be looking back at the others? Keep that camera pointed forward Rob! :amazon:
Did you get your suspension done? I think that is what makes my bike the cheater that it seems to be. :deal:
Yup - JT's replaced the front springs and the rear spring and tweaked the suspension for my weight. It floats over the rocks as compared to that danged KLR. :brows:
Ken
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Those rocks don't care if your a better rider now or not.They still bring you down to there level from time time just to let you know they still want to hurt you.But not all the trails are like that we took my [at the time]Drz400 and my buddys klr250s and still had a good time.We took a little side trip to check out the luray caverns while we were there i had never been there so that was cool.We camped at the little fort campgrounds its a nice place but have a limated number of spots. I have some pics and video ill try to post soon for guys.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

The forecast for Edinburg, Virginia says

Friday - Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 30s.
Saturday - Cloudy. Not as cool with highs in the mid 50s.

Hopefully the warm weather will slide forward 1 day! :brows:
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Friday - Mostly sunny with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s.

WOHOO! It looks like it will be almost PERFECT! Well, as perfect as it can be the day after Xmas! :roost:

I'm getting DAMN excited about this ride :thumbsup:

You still coming Rob? mdubya, can we interest you in changing your plans? :smoking:
Ken