I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Who wants to ride some single track in PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Who wants to ride some single track in PA

Post by B DIRT »

Hey guys acouple of us are gettin together this saturday to do alittle ride at Shade Mtn trails at Bald Eagel state forest. I know its alittle far for most of your guys but thought Id post it anyhow. We're gonna break out the mx bikes and do some rocky single track at shade mtn. Its not far east of state college and only takes me about 40-45 minutes to get there and if your plated you can ride the 80 miles ds trail system or all the dirt roads. The only thing you have to have is a spark arrester and Im not sure have strict it is because theres never anyone there. Its not a real big trail system but I havent rode in like two weeks and havent rode the CR125 in a couple months so its time to break her out!
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Who wants to ride some single track in PA

Post by Wingfixer »

Hmmm, you got me scratching my head on this one. I am looking for a ride this Saturday after the gang decided to re-schedule the GRV scouting trip. It is a bit of a hike, 135 miles, but we will see. What time are you planning to get there?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ride? From that picture it looks like a pilot's license is required! :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

B-dirt,
Any chance you guys can do Sunday instead of Saturday? The weather looks better on Sunday, high of 41 instead of the 31 forecast for Saturday (this might also help melt the light snow they are calling for on Friday....)

My wife is out of town this weekend so I have the kids on Saturday and will be taking them to see Santa while you guys are riding so you have to switch days so I can come or I will be forced to tell Santa to NOT bring you all the motorcyle farcles you have asked for!

I have never been to Bald Eagle so when you say MX bikes, CR 125 and ROCKY single track; would I be able to muscle my XR650L down these trail? If this sounds like certain death, maybe Wingfixer and I could explore the dirt roads.....

Wingfixer, if I can't play at Reindeer games this weekend, I am open to ride somewhere Fri - Sun over X-mas or Thurs - Sun over New Years. Depending on the weather, I have been wanting to check out Taskers Gap or we could always hit Greenridge....

Thanks
Jay
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Jay,

I don't know yet if I will make the trip Saturday, family stuff. Sunday doesn't work for me due to that four letter word, the one that pays the bills. Taskers or Greenridge the 22nd and on(until the 27th) works well for me. The week of the 5th, of January is my next week off after Christmas, might be a little cool but we will have to see. You get your new ride yet?

Patrick
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Patrick,

I just received an e-mail that the Uly was picked up by the shipper this morning. It has taken forever to send the deposit, wait to get the title and keys, send the balance of payment, wait for the check to clear, yadda, yadda, yadda. Per the shipper I should have the bike in "5 to 10 business days" so maybe 2 more weeks at most!

Let's tentatively plan something for 12/26 or 12/27, weather permitting. I wouldn't mind checking out Taskers gap as I have never been there; something new....

Jay
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

gzj443 wrote:Let's tentatively plan something for 12/26 or 12/27, weather permitting. I wouldn't mind checking out Taskers gap as I have never been there; something new....
Keep us posted! If the weather cooperates, I'd be interested.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

Looks like you picked a hell of a time to wonder if you lock-tited the triple clamps bolts. :loveit:

Nice picture... wish I could do that without crashing :roost:
Last edited by DaWasher on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Jay,

Sounds cool, let me know when the Uly gets in, we'll have to hit some of those roads around your place with some good street tires. They where fun on the DRZ but I think they are better suited for something with some HP! The 26th is 100% chance I'll be there, the 27th is 50/50 depending on work.

Patrick
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Hey guys the weathers not lookin very good for saturday, was thinkin bout gettin there around 10 but we've been gettn a shit load of rain and Im affraid its gonna freeze all over those lovely rocks and be a freekin crash fest! I'll know tomorrow but right now looks like its a cancel :shrug:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)