I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Reunion Scouting Trip - To Be Rescheduled!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

DAMN Reunion Scouting Trip - To Be Rescheduled!

Post by Rut Row »

The forecast is looking good for a scouting ride this coming Sat. Temps are forecast for the lower 40s. For me, this is weather dependent! I don't ride in the 30s :nono:

I've laid out a GPS ride (attached) about 90 miles long - 99% dirt/gravel roads. This would be the GPS course we'd use for the DAMN event in April. We need to find some spots for GeoCaching goodies and verify the route.

Since the Timonium races don't start till 6:45, we can meet around 10 and ride as much of the course as possible before splitting in time to get to Baltimore.

The plan is to meet at the G6 group area since that is where we hope to camp and hence the official starting/ending point. I don't expect to do the whole route this trip since we need to find spots to cache goodies. We'll definitely need to do a few more rides.

So far the following have shown interest:
- chriskoz
- Wingfixer
- Kyler
- mdubya???? got the KTM fixed yet?
Attachments
GreenRidge3rdAnnualGPSRide_v2.gdb
(91.52 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: DAMN Reunion Scouting Trip - 12/13

Post by Wingfixer »

Yup, I am in. Just keep me posted if you guys are not going to make it.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

HEY GUYS, JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW THE 12TH AND 13TH ARE THE LAST TWO DAYS OF RIFLE SEASON. IT'S BUCK OR DOE SO THE FOREST WILL BE FULL OF HUNTERS. IN GREEN RIDGE THIS MEANS ALL THE BALTIMORE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT AT ANYTHING THAT MOVES. JUST A HEADS UP !
gtop

Post by gtop »

husky4 wrote:HEY GUYS, JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW THE 12TH AND 13TH ARE THE LAST TWO DAYS OF RIFLE SEASON. IT'S BUCK OR DOE SO THE FOREST WILL BE FULL OF HUNTERS. IN GREEN RIDGE THIS MEANS ALL THE BALTIMORE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT AT ANYTHING THAT MOVES. JUST A HEADS UP !

Be a safe rider...Ride an orange bike :lol2:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hunting season? :shrug:

:harhar:

Noonish on the roads shouldn't be a problem - but this certainly bears consideration whilst riding.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

husky4 wrote:HEY GUYS, JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW THE 12TH AND 13TH ARE THE LAST TWO DAYS OF RIFLE SEASON. IT'S BUCK OR DOE SO THE FOREST WILL BE FULL OF HUNTERS. IN GREEN RIDGE THIS MEANS ALL THE BALTIMORE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT AT ANYTHING THAT MOVES. JUST A HEADS UP !
Good heads up. I have had hunters very unhappy with my perfectly legal dual sporting in their "territory". It is difficult arguing with someone holding a rifle.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

I'm thinking this may not be the best weekend for a scouting mission. I am going to have to bail on this one.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

chriskoz wrote:I'm thinking this may not be the best weekend for a scouting mission. I am going to have to bail on this one.
I'm easy - I'd prefer warmer weather anyway. We'll reschedule.
Ken