I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials bike owners "ROLL CALL"

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Trials bike owners "ROLL CALL"

Post by Rut Row »

Taylor wrote:They don't have a smilies that shows what my wife is going to do to me. :lol2:
:kboom:
:chace:
:target:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

1976 Yamaha TY250
I'm in Fort Washington, MD
It's not worth coming to ride in my backyard :lol2:
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

1998 Montesa Cota
Severna Park, MD (Just moved here from Rhode Island)
New to Trials but been riding trails for many years
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Good to see we are up to 3 pages now but I know we have more trials bike owners that have yet to post up.
After the holidays I would like to organize an informal gathering to help put names and faces together.
Spend an afternoon playing on the bikes and that that want to learn or can group up with those that have been riding for a while.
Hope we can get some guys hooked up that are neighbors and don't know it.
Would be a good time for those having interest in a trials bike to come check things out.
Stay tuned for a date and location. :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom,

I have only been involved in trials for a few years but have had an interest for several more years. It seems to me that interest/participation is on the rise in recent years. Would you agree, or is it just that I'm more "in the loop" now and thus seeing activity that was always taking place? I think you told me that you rode trials as a kid in the 70s - how does the level of participation in the U.S. today compare to when trials was "big" in the 70s?
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

motojunky wrote:Boom Boom,

I have only been involved in trials for a few years but have had an interest for several more years. It seems to me that interest/participation is on the rise in recent years. Would you agree, or is it just that I'm more "in the loop" now and thus seeing activity that was always taking place? I think you told me that you rode trials as a kid in the 70s - how does the level of participation in the U.S. today compare to when trials was "big" in the 70s?
My first trials bike was a 76 TY-175.
I was not involved in trials comps then, only used as a trail bike.
It was much more common to see a trials bike in the woods just out free riding then today.
In recent years (last 10 or so) I would say our modern trials has lost touch with the average rider and most have went away. We produce the top national riders but that is not your average working person just out to have fun. I will say that with the vintage class growing in popularity that was a great step forward to bring back riders. Then with MAT allowing modern bikes to join, that opened a new door.
I see trials becoming more popular as the fight to keep riding areas is lost to the greenies. For a fun day on a enduro bike you need thousands of acres and then deal with noise issues (every 70 cc bike needs a BIG GUN exhaust). If you have a couple acres you can have a quality day on a trials bike and you make less noise than most weed eaters.
Trials is a great family activity also, I have watched many kids grow up slowly passing the parents in riding ability. Jerry and Ryan Young is a perfect example.
The bikes are so low impact to the environment that it is much easier to get landowners to allow use of trials bikes on their land where enduro bikes with knob tires or large quads with mud monster tires do terrible damage to land.
Having a quality dealer like Dan to supply new and used bikes I only see more people giving a trials bike a go.
Even if just to trail ride or to chase the kids around on the little bikes/quads.
What you learn on a trials bike will only make you a better rider on a enduro bike.
What can't be fun about having a 300cc 2-stroke that weighs sub 150 lbs between your legs.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:What can't be fun about having a 300cc 2-stroke that weighs sub 150 lbs between your legs.
:think: :shhh: :pray:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
dougmccabe
DAMN Wanabe

Post by dougmccabe »

95 Gas Gas 270
Newish rider. The scorers at MAVT say I ride the sections like Im doing a hare scramble. Not sure if thats good or bad...
2011 BMW F800GS
2010 Husaberg FE390
2016 Beta 250 EVO
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

dougmccabe wrote:The scorers at MAVT say I ride the sections like Im doing a hare scramble.
I think I've ridden trials with your cousin

Lumpy
DAMN n00b

Post by Lumpy »

I just picked up trials riding this year - DAMN IS IT FUN.

2006 Sherco 2.9 (new to me)
Ellicott City, MD

I have an 18 acre playground that I have been building up located in Stewartstown, PA. Not enough (parking) room for events, but definitely would like to extend the invitation to have folks join in on ride days. I don't have any schedule, but tend to try to go up there at least one Saturday every month.

I am new to trials riding, but have ridden woods bike since I was knee-high to a grass hopper. My current woods weapon is a 2009 KTM 300 XC-W.