I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saterday trip to wickys world

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Saterday trip to wickys world

Post by Daves08excr »

To all who are going the trip is still on don't let the temps stop u from rideing.Hope to see every one there remember try to be at the gate by 12:15-12:30 look for my truck maroon f250 4dr with a ktm in the back.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Saterday trip to wickys world

Post by Rut Row »

so... how many made it, what were the trails like and just how DAMN cold was it?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Saturday trip to wickys world

Post by Grady »

I had a blast today, I think about eleven of us showed up. The trails were slick as snot, hard to get good traction. The flat track was awesome, great skills practice for cornering. I'm not a mx person, so I cant comment on the mx track, but it was neat to see that many dual sports on a motocross track. Temps were cold at the end of the day. The last few laps on the flat track had my hands going numb, the rest of the day was quite nice. The trails had me working so hard to keep control, that I was breaking a sweat at times.

Although the trails are still limited at this time, I enjoyed them. A more experienced rider may get bored rather easily with the limited trails, but for me they were perfect. My favorite thing about the place is it's location, it's within an hour from my house. Those of you out in the western parts of Maryland probably wouldn't appreciate it nearly as much as I did. Being here in Baltimore, there are NO legal areas to ride that are not about two or more hours away, and only a handful of short half-mile dirt roads. The membership prices are steep, but I would also love to have somewhere to go and practice skills and ride some trails legally without having to loose a whole day or weekend. As of right now the membership price is too stiff for me. But at the end of the day, we briefly discussed with the owner about a club rate. If we had enough people who want to join, than he can work with us on the price.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good time. Nice place.
He's going to expand and it will probably be worthwhile getting a limited pay to use type membership.

Not cold at all. Just a little snow and ice to deal with. I actually worked up a sweat on the track.

Thanks for setting it up Dave.

We'll be back.
Bruce
mtd679
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mtd679 »

Thanks Dave for setting that up. Kathy and I had a good time. The temperature wasn't nearly an issue like I thought it would be. I didn't get much riding in, but from what I saw (mx and flat track), and what the guys told me about the trails, it might be worth it to have a place to ride that is this close. It was fun enough watching Kathy on the mx track. I think she thought it was gonna be like on TV. I got to ride with a few of the guys on the flat track, which as usual reminded me of how slow I am, but as Tony said, it's good practice.

Anyway, at the end of the day we spoke to the owner. He said that they already have two clubs signed up, and can offer discounted memberships for clubs. He didn't say what the discount would be, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate any type of discount, and it might make it more attractive for others to join. I don't know what would be involved in starting a club, but it's something we might want to kick around.
bunch of bike I don't ride...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Sounds like you guys had a DAMN good time! I would have liked to try the flat track.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Thanks again Dave for setting that up. It was definitely a good time. I am just a little sore today! The track was cool but a little tight. I didn't see enough of the trails to say too much about them, but the convenience of the place was a huge plus. Looking forward to spring.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Chriskoz i can feel it to must of did something to my right elbow can hardly move my arm this morning but it was worth it i realy had a good time enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday. don't forget to check out advrider web site for pics i'm having some problems with the video but i'm working on it.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Have you guys ever checked out Blue Diamond MX Park in Delware?

http://www.bdmxpark.com/track.htm

It isn't too far from Baltimore. No trails, but the intermediate track looked fun when I was there for a supermoto demo.

What are the membership fees at Wickys?

I have always traveled to ride closed course, so the 2 hours to Green Ridge has always seemed par for the course for me. Plus it is free with very limited rules (one way and helmet), both of which appeal to me.

Mountain Ridge was a good alternative with some real trails. We will have to check out the Kitzmiller riding area next year too. TyMarp says it is rather challenging.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Daves08excr wrote:Chriskoz i can feel it to must of did something to my right elbow can hardly move my arm this morning but it was worth it i realy had a good time enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday. don't forget to check out advrider web site for pics i'm having some problems with the video but i'm working on it.
Post a link to the ADV thread so we can all enjoy! :lurker:
Ken