I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Post by Rut Row »

Attention trials nuts and those interested in trials! I got this from Dan Barrick. With a bit of luck my Montesa will be running and I hope to go to the open house on the 20th.
Trials Enthusiast,
Welcome to Fall. The leaves are turning and the temperatures are finally dropping ,but the Trials Action is really Heating Up!

ThisSunday, Oct. 13thOct 20, the MAVT and Johnny B. will be hosting another terrific Trials in New Windsor Md.
I know his crew has been working hard to supply us with an Outstanding Event!
Please plan on attending. Details are on the MAVT website

The following Sunday, Oct.20th Nov 3rd, The R&T club of Frederick Md. along with Maryland Mototrial will be hosting an Open House at their New Trials Riding Park in Shepherdstown, W.Va.

This event begins at 9:00 am. Lunch will be provided. New 2014 Bikes from Sherco and Gas Gas will be on display along with parts, accessories and clothing. Team riders will be putting on demonstrations.
Please bring your Quiet Trail bike, 4 wheeler, kids and minibikes and of course Trials bike to enjoy our 3 mile loop and many sections along the route.

Directions are : From Frederick , Md. : Take Alt. 40 west thru Middletown, over South Mt. into Boonsboro, Turn left (south) on Potomac street ( rt.34 ) .

Follow Rt.34 south thru Keedysville and Sharpsburg, then cross the Potomac into Shepherdstown W.Va.

At the river, MD.34 becomes W.VA.480. Stay on Rt.480 straight thru Shepherdstown thru 2 4way stop signs.

On the west side of Shepherdstown, Rt.480 becomes Kearneysville Pike..Follow 480 for 1.5 miles, Turn Right on Persimmon Rd.

Entrance is on right 1/2 mile in.. (500 Persimmon Rd.)

Another option is to take I-70 west from Frederick, Md. toward Hagerstown.. Exit at Rt.66 exit to. (left / south) Sharpsburg

Follow 5 miles south to Boonesboro (rt. 40 alt.) and turn left (east) Travel 1/4 mile east and turn right onto Rt.34..See above

This Open House will allow all our friends and fellow club members to see what we've been working on this year and hopefully introduce Trials to some perspective new members.

It will also count as a R&T Club Work Day, so if you need to get one in here's your chance as we plan to build a couple new sections early Sunday morning and clean up some trash..All before lunch.

Then, Oct. 27 , AMA D6 will be holding their final round of Trials at Rausch Creek. Please plan to attend. More info on the D6 Website.

News at Maryland Mototrial:

Dan Barrick has expanded his Trial Exclusive Business to now include Gas Gas Trials Motorcycles..
Along with the already popular Sherco and Beta brands, he plans to provide Trials riders with the latest machines on the market.

He also plans to continue with the schools at the "Barrick Trials Ranch" and offer support to area competitors on the local level and the National Level.

This year, he signed Sherco rider Jordi Trey and helped him land a support ride thru Sherco USA/RYP.

And just last week, announced that Scott "Shake" Merrick has signed with Beta for 2014 to ride a 2014 300 4-stroke under the Beta USA / Maryland Mototrial banner.

Dan says, " We are really excited to be able to arrange these support rides and help up and coming riders anyway possible. Jordi and Scott have exhibited outstanding performances and finishes all year and we love having them on our team."

We also plan to add one more rider to the team on a New Gas Gas and are accepting applications / resumes..

Speaking about New Bikes, as the 2014s arrive there are a lot of excellent deals on leftover 2013s at unbelievable prices. Call for more details.

I think that about covers it for October. It will prove to be an exciting month of Trials riding in perhaps the most beautiful time of year.

Please be safe, have fun and we will see all of you soon..
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Trials Open House Oct 20th

Post by Firebolter »

Glad to see trials growing. I have been to the Ryan Young school that Dan has set up 3 times now and it is awesome. Attendance is always really good and you are seeing more and more folks get into it. Once you get the bike, it is a cheap sport. Tires every couple of YEARS and oil changes as usual and that's it! You don't get beat up and age really isn't a player here. It's more of a thinking game about line selection, proper clutch and gas useage etc. Lots of fun. Vintage trials is picking up as well!

Watching the young guys start to ride is exciting. Jordi is becoming really good. And then having Dan and his shop now, makes it really fun to hang out with the guys and go ride some cool places! Keep growing trials! One of the few motorsports that doesn't rape the environment and doesn't take large tracks of land to have fun and is QUIET! Even tree huggers can't crap on trials!
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Dan says that everyone he tells about my trials sidecar is anxious to see it. :hi5:

Who knows, maybe we can get some converts :think:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Kyler wrote:Dan says that everyone he tells about my trials sidecar is anxious to see it. :hi5:

Are you going to demo it for us at the event?
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:
Kyler wrote:Dan says that everyone he tells about my trials sidecar is anxious to see it. :hi5:

Are you going to demo it for us at the event?
the sidecar? nope. Have to learn how to ride trials first. By the end of next year I hope Bucho and I have mastered the trials sidecar.
Ken
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The New WIndsor Trials event for this weekend has been OFFICIALLY CANX and postponed to NEXT weekend on the same day! Johnny understands the trials event would compete with this event, but he has no other dates that work. Bummer........Torn between 2 events!
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:The New WIndsor Trials event for this weekend has been OFFICIALLY CANX and postponed to NEXT weekend on the same day! Johnny understands the trials event would compete with this event, but he has no other dates that work. Bummer........Torn between 2 events!
event-ually it will work out. I'm going to the open house as it is much closer to home.
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

this just in
Fellows...
Due to all the rain we got this week, Johnny has decided to postpone the MAVT event in New Windsor MD.this Sunday and hold it on Sunday Oct. 20th.

This is the same date as our Open House..But seeing as we all ride MAVT and want to support Johnny , we've decided to reschedule,too.

So..The R&T club and Maryland Mototrial will back up the date of their OPEN HOUSE to Sunday Nov. 3rd.
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

peeps, this has been moved to Nov 3rd
Ken
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Kyler wrote:peeps, this has been moved to Nov 3rd
I was hoping to make this but The Hammer Run is that weekend.....