I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Trials Open House Nov 3rd

Post by Marylander »

I like the idea of taking something beat and turning it into something nice. I'll check out those classifieds for sure. I'm just getting back into the dirt after a 12-13 year hiatus. I picked up a ratted out 2000 kx250 and rebuilt it from the ground up into a practical trail bike. I really enjoyed working on that. Yeah, I know that's a lot easier than doing the same with a 70s or 80s euro bike. Right now I'd just like to educate myself, I've got no cash to work with right now.

Thanks!

Kirk
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Marylander wrote:I like the idea of taking something beat and turning it into something nice. I'll check out those classifieds for sure. I'm just getting back into the dirt after a 12-13 year hiatus. I picked up a ratted out 2000 kx250 and rebuilt it from the ground up into a practical trail bike. I really enjoyed working on that. Yeah, I know that's a lot easier than doing the same with a 70s or 80s euro bike. Right now I'd just like to educate myself, I've got no cash to work with right now.

Thanks!

Kirk
Kirk,

There's one last vintage event in Centerville, DE on 11/9. Modern bikes are welcome too, and generally there's about a 50/50 split. You can check out all of the bikes and see what you think. There are usually a few bikes for sale too. Bring your gear and we can arrange for you to take a spin on a couple of different types of bikes. Pretty sure I posted the flyer here at DAMN, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Obligatory action shots!

Lots of cool bikes---
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

We spectated at a couple vintage events & got the bug! Ended up with these :shrug:
I picked up one on ebay & the other on craigslist. $1300 in both plus a little work.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

J&J wrote:Image
We spectated at a couple vintage events & got the bug! Ended up with these :shrug:
I picked up one on ebay & the other on craigslist. $1300 in both plus a little work.

1300 bucks for both? SCORE! I rode with J&J for a little while yesterday and those bikes are in great shape for that price. I found another RL in Jersey in decent shape for 1000 bucks on Craigslist. These ~70's ish bikes are so easy to get running and working well on a budget.
Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

motojunky wrote:Kirk,

There's one last vintage event in Centerville, DE on 11/9. Modern bikes are welcome too, and generally there's about a 50/50 split. You can check out all of the bikes and see what you think. There are usually a few bikes for sale too. Bring your gear and we can arrange for you to take a spin on a couple of different types of bikes. Pretty sure I posted the flyer here at DAMN, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there!
Shoot, this weekend is going to be real iffy but I will start negotiations now. ;) Thanks!
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Marylander wrote:
motojunky wrote:Kirk,

Hope to see you there!
Shoot, this weekend is going to be real iffy but I will start negotiations now. ;) Thanks!
It takes place on a beautiful estate along the Brandywine River. It's a fantastic place to go hiking and watching a bunch of cool bikes would just be a bonus. Bring the family! :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

I had a blast at the open house last weekend. The property seems really nice and had a few interesting trials sections set up with a good bit more that hadn't been cleared yet. The driveway was slow going with my VW, but someone got a Prius in there with a bike mounted on the hitch, so I can't really complain...

J&J - Good meeting you guys last weekend, that's an awesome pair of bikes for the price! Hope to see you guys out there this Sunday.
motojunky wrote:It takes place on a beautiful estate along the Brandywine River. It's a fantastic place to go hiking and watching a bunch of cool bikes would just be a bonus. Bring the family! :thumbup:
I'll see you this weekend out in Delaware. Hope things are going well!

Kirk - I definitely agree with what motojunky said above. If you come out you can try out my Yamaha TY250 if you want. I'll probably be the only one with a blue TY and a white VW wagon.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I can't get past the notion that there was a prius with a bike on a hitch rack... Did I read that right?

I'm not going to be able to get out to this one but, when they get started back up next year, I will definitely be out. Thanks for the offers of help/rides!
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Marylander wrote:I can't get past the notion that there was a prius with a bike on a hitch rack... Did I read that right?
Yep :lol2:

I still don't know who it is, but I first noticed that car up at the White Rose trials event earlier this year. I just stood and stared at it in disbelief for a few seconds...