I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 10/25-10-27

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 10/25-10-27

Post by Granville »

In honor of Jack's 16th Birthday. Let us ride :roost: ...let us ride :roost: ... let us ride :roost:

PS.....Bring Firewood!

I plan to get there Friday evening and leave Sunday afternoon :roost:

Located in the heart of scenic Western MD, just 15-miles from Frostburg, this secured private track has remained a closely guarded secret for many years. But due to Western. MD's Spring colors, we are welcomed back to ride on a well groomed single track, climb a series of challenging hard packed mining hills, roll down steep descents, hammer a tight pine sections and maybe even carve in some new trails. Selected by Dirtbike Television as a it’s own “super secret test riding facility”, this diverse single track now becomes available to you DAMN Riders free and legal.

For those DAMN Riders whose bike’s are not yet set-up for the technical rigors of single track riding are still welcome to stop by camp and conspire trips to near by points of interest, such as Dan’s Rock and the Savage River State Park. At this time, I ask resident dual sport wizard and local super hero Mr. MDUBYA and TyMarp to step forward and organize just such an off-property day ride.

Plan on primitive style camping. However, the property does contain a very large building which usually has a working bathroom. That is, if the fickle plumbing is deemed operational.

PM me, if you desire directions to our private property and a copy of a waiver of liability. A waiver of liability is required prior to riding on my family’s private property and it will also help me keep track of how many DAMN Riders plan to attend. It is also required for all riders to wear a full compliment of safety gear (helmet, goggles, chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves and MX style boots) and have had sufficient single track experience that would qualify them as an experienced “C” rider or better. This is a challenging single track designed for accomplished riders. This not a place to come and try to learn how to ride a motorcycle or behave in anyway less than a responsible adult.

A word of warning to would be trespasser. This is a secure private property and is lawfully posted. Trespasser have and will continue to be dealt with harshly. The property is gated and is monitored daily by a dedicated group of well armed local hunters. For hunting privileges on the property, they detain trespassers until my good friend the local Game Warden, Mr. May arrives to confiscate their bikes or four wheelers.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 10/25-10-27

Post by Bucho »

Awesome!
Ill be there Friday or Sat to ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Well, then! I'll have to check with the wife. The kiddos now both have quads so they can tear it up together and not get stuck. I foresee many laps being done. Maybe I can even get the wife on the WR for the dirt road??

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Well, that was fast. I consulted the scrolls (calendar) and found that weekend is already booked both days. :-/ Have fun, guys!

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

The Joker will be there in all of his infinite wisdom along with a few of his buds. Either in a Jeep or on a bike. Gail made the request for me to break out my ole guitar for a little :kumbaya: So yall might wanna bring ear plugs, or drink your beers quick. Hope to see yall in Oct for a little :ride: & :freakey:
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

ill be there. I have a lot of 3 x 3 (landscape Timbers)if someone wants to help me bring them. After I load the bike in the truck don't have much room left
2017 YZ250FX
UCH
DAMN Wanabe

Post by UCH »

Looking forward to it. I will donate my truck and boys to gather some firewood when we get there but only after I unload the cooler. :cheers:
"2 Strokes still rule!!"
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

hollywood wrote:ill be there. I have a lot of 3 x 3 (landscape Timbers)if someone wants to help me bring them. After I load the bike in the truck don't have much room left
Do we really need landscaping? :shrug: Just sayin. :poser:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

i was talking FREE firewood sitting in my backyard nothing to gather but if anyone wants to grab some to build something let me know
2017 YZ250FX
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Granville wrote:In honor of Jack's 16th Birthday. Let us ride :roost: ...let us ride :roost: ... let us ride :roost:

Happy B-day Jack! Mine is on 10/21, how close are we?

I wish I was 16 again and knew what I know now. I would NOT have waited until my late 30's to make the switch from four-wheelers to dirt bikes; but it has been a fun trip none the less....

Unfortunately I can not make your B-day ride as the Mrs. and I are doing a little 2 wheeled trip that weekend in honor of the 10 year anniversary of our engagement. Its one of the first 2 wheeled trips we have done since we started having kids so wish me luck!

SJ