I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RORR DS

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
walnutz
DAMN n00b

Re: RORR DS

Post by walnutz »

in :roost:
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Thinking of doing this ride. Been off a bike for about 2 years. Looked at a couple of videos but couldn't tell if they were main trail or options? How long is the ride usually? will a stock tank make the gas stops?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Gas is back at start, fuel range no problem.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

husky4 wrote:Thinking of doing this ride. Been off a bike for about 2 years. Looked at a couple of videos but couldn't tell if they were main trail or options? How long is the ride usually? will a stock tank make the gas stops?
If you skip the options the main route is mostly ATV trail and old mining roads, can be done on a 650 but more fun on a smaller bike.
Options are more enduro like, not stupid hard...just good fun.
The mid point (and lunch) is back at the start so if you have had enough fun for the day you can just pack up and enjoy a beverage. Total distance with options is normally around 80 miles.
One of my favorite DS rides.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
husky4
DAMN Wanabe

Post by husky4 »

Thanks. Planning on attending with a friend. The last ride I did was michaux two years ago. Have been on the the bike the last couple of weekends. The skills are still there but very rusty and the hands go away quickly.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Looks like the weather is going to be great for tomorrow, with no dust! Hopefully, things will have a chance to drain overnight.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Real nice day for a ride, especially considering how much rain had just come down.

I'd like to give out a couple awards while I'm here.

Big Bird gets the All Options Award with Cluster for completing an option multiple times.

SkinnyJ gets the Avoiding Cat Herding Award, no small feat if you've ever been on a ride with him.

I'm going to give myself the Poor Navigator Award for missing multiple options before someone else beats me to it. The good news is the rest of the fellows got to ride them.

And finally, Phoo gets the Ironman Award for even considering going on the ice tonight after a full day on the trail.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

GOOD Post Joe!

It was a REALLY fun event :loveit: The OFG was lagging behind as usual and after he completed a nice rocky A option it was like "Deja Vous" all over again! The course sort of looped back by the entrance to the option and the senile OFG took the Option loop AGAIN! DUH! After a while I realized what I'd done so sent a cell phone message to the group and told them I was OK! Shortly thereafter Joe called me and I told him the same. The GOOD news is that this particular option was probably the best one of the whole event and I got to do it TWICE!!!

You folks should DEFINATELY put this on your calendar for next year :ride:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Dang that was FUN! I spent the day following Longboardr and Phoo and trying to keep them in sight; it was nice just being a cat. Conditions were about perfect with just a tad bit of dust here and there; shocking considering the amount of rain we received. Trails were a great mix of FAST flowing single track, old rail beds and ATV trails. The options were a blast; I especially liked the “fingers” hill climb and the stream crossing ones. Big Bird got to do the rockiest, most slippery option of the day twice so he got his money’s worth fer sure.

Like all of us, I have done Durty Dabbers, 7-mountains, the Hammer, the S-500, Michaux, etc, etc and I can say this was my favorite DS event to date. A little bit of pavement at the start and end is a PITA necessity but after that you couldn’t ask for much more fun stuff to ride on a dirt bike!

Can’t wait for next year!!

SJ
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I haven't done as many different events as Skinny-J, but this is still my favorite of all and as Jay said, the conditions were great. There were some pretty big puddles in places and the whoops had puddles in between them, but once wet it was quite liberating and I just stopped trying to go around and blasted through and had a great time.

After getting up before dawn, driving to the event, riding all day, driving home, taking a MUCH needed shower and relaxing for 15 minutes, I headed off to my adult league hockey game where we were short benched with only two full lines instead of three... and we won against the team that beat us in the playoffs last season. It was a great day! Too bad now I'm sick. :boohoo:

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200