I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

S500 Oct 5-6

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

S500 Oct 5-6

Post by Bucho »

Online registration opens at noon on 8/16.

Im bringing my sidecar with my kid to ride shotgun. Ill be skipping all the hero sections.
I might only do Saturday, not sure about Sunday.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: S500 Oct 5-6

Post by Rut Row »

I'm planning on going. I have some things the following week and am praying no conflict and that the bride granys a kitchen pass.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

Yup on vacation. I'll be down there all week. :roost:
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

How about some details for the clueless?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

anotherguy wrote:How about some details for the clueless?
This is not a race, it is a "dualsport ride". The Washington Area Trailriders put together a real nice route of dirt roads, fire roads, and jeep trails with some paved road connectors. This is a two day ride, both days the ride starts and ends at Natural Chimneys park/camp grounds. Saturdays breakfast and dinner are both provided at tthe campground (also Sundays breakfast). Lunch and gas stops are arranged along the route.
The DAMN guys (and gals) campout together Friday/Sat night. Everyone splits up into like minded riding groups for the days ride and has a great time.

Compared to other dualsport events this one is pretty easy. If one skips the optional "hero sections", this ride is very doable on any large adventure bike. So also means its great for beginners as well. Due to this it generally sells out very quickly.

Let me know your other questions.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

So a set of these on the Tuono and I'm good?

EDIT:Nevermind it won't come close to passing the sound test.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

for you, I don't think you even need knobbies :jack:
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I'm actually off that weekend, but that's quite a haul and then....

there's the whole AMA thing. :peep:
Bruce
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

Online Pre-Registration Opens Friday, August 16th at 12:00am Midnight :thumbup:
(that's very late night Thursday/very early Friday morning depending on how you look at it)

If you would like to be added to the Shenandoah 500 email list to receive event specific information, please send a request via email to: dualsport@watr.us

*** IMPORTANT *** - This event is ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! First come, first served. No entries accepted after Friday, September 13, 2013 or when rider limit has been met, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!! This event will continue, rain or shine - no refunds will be granted.

If you plan on camping with us at the Natural Chimneys Park Campground and have not yet made reservations, please call them at 540-245-5727 to make your reservations ASAP. Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81.
Physical Address - 94 Natural Chimneys Lane, Mt. Solon, VA 22843

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-245-5727 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, dinner for Saturday and breakfast, lunch for Sunday.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

VIDEO:

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@watr.us AND "like us" on Facebook to receive more updates, share photos, video, etc. - http://www.facebook.com/WashingtonAreaTrailRiders

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "