I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Black Friday ride (first annual....)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Black Friday ride (first annual....)

Post by Rut Row »

We had a great time! Too bad more didn't show up. The weather was perfect and the ORV was in the best shape I've seen it. We did a lap and then took off cross country on the roads ending up with a half lap on the ORV.

Patrick will post a picture of the borrowed '08 KLR clearly showing the busted fairing and the badly bent and mangled radiator. That made my first trip on the ORV a cake walk by comparison.

Other carnage includes a very slow speed fall on the rocks busting off my remaining turn signal - who needs the DAMN things anyway! :shrug:

Cathy made everyone look bad zipping along on her DR250 - I hope you come back and ride with us some more!

This definitely needs to become one of the official Annual DAMN Rides. :smoking:

Thanks again Jay for instigating this!

all-in-all - a DAMN fine day! :thumbsup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Mike and Kathy.jpg
Mike and Kathy.jpg (106.26 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
That was a blast! I can't wait for the next DAMN ride. Now, how do I break the news about his bike to the buddy that loaned me his KLR? I know, I will just blame my brother!!

As Ken promised here are some pics from the day. Now thats what dirt bikes are supposed to look like, except the busted part.

Patrick
Attachments
Lets roll.jpg
Lets roll.jpg (103.77 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
Jay lends a hand.jpg
Jay lends a hand.jpg (105.56 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Some more....
Attachments
Dirt is good part II.jpg
Dirt is good part II.jpg (87.7 KiB) Viewed 3979 times
Dirt is good.jpg
Dirt is good.jpg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 3979 times
DOH!!.jpg
DOH!!.jpg (89.81 KiB) Viewed 3979 times
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
dirtygirl
DAMN n00b

Post by dirtygirl »

I had a really good time and it was great to see more of Greenridge than just the ORV trail. Thanks for everyone's patience, I know I'm not the fastest rider in the bunch. If I ever finish getting my bike street legal and get my license, I hope to do it again. The spring weekend sounds fun.

P.S. - I'd like to thank Mike for teaching me how to ride - it's a lot of fun. :roost:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I've mapped out a GPS ride that is between 90-100 miles for the DAMN Reunion in April. We need to scout it at least once before then and look for places to geocache goodies. Come along and see some more of the GR Forest!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Just say when!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.