I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

stoneleigh Farm Open

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Re: stoneleigh Farm Open

Post by jdhargrave »

Just finished a new single track this morning. Lost 5 pounds in sweat. Would rate it a B level but a good C rider could handle OK. We will be adding new trail as quickly as possible and weather permitting.
Thanks to l of you that have been out to ride.
Jed
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Ooh! I'll have to check my calendar for this weekend.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Mike74
DAMN n00b

Post by Mike74 »

Had a great time at Stoneleigh Farm this a.m. I cleared all the spider webs!
Jed is a great host and has a great facility.
I'll be going back, but staying on the open fields and "light" trails. The XR650L is too big and heavy for the woods.
Thanks to the guys from Carolina (I crashed on the uphill and they helped me down).
Everyone should visit.
I do all my own stunts
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

Mike, you should scout out a nice used 250cc, I'm sure you would enjoy getting back in the woods. Hope you made it home before the storm hit. The rain was just what we needed, the loop will be in perfect condition for Sunday.
Patrick, Jeff will be out tomorrow a d .maybe we can get that A track finished. Come ride.
Thanks for your support,
Jed
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I just got the okay from the boss. What time should I arrive?

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code »

Thanks Jed & patrick for letting me come out this am. Pretty cool place but not super conducive to filming unless there are more riders or someone just does rounds on the small loop. I got a few pretty cool shots though. Let me know the next time a larger group shows up. Potential for some good shots, but sitting in the field awaiting and getting eaten by mosquitos in the meantime kinda shortened the day w/ the drizzle as well.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Jed, the new single track that bypasses the tractor road with the super-deep ruts was a welcome addition. That new A/AA option is going to be sweet, too. Thanks for letting me test ride the beginning part of it. Riding at Boom Boom's definitely gave me the practice I needed to be able to do that part fairly easily. I would have tried the hard way out, but I wasn't positive I wouldn't get stuck and I wasn't quite sure how I was going to drop into the ravine to get there to begin with. It should definitely add to the challenge.

code, unfortunately, the small number of bikes is a great feature of the place. On the one hand, it would be nice to know that if something goes wrong someone will be along shortly to help out (like when I got my foot pinned under my bike when my footpeg got caught on some unseen barbed wire... That was an experience) but on the other, I think given its size it would be less fun with more than 10 bikes. Granted, there were only two or three bikes yesterday. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

Thanks to Dan Dietrich we have a video of the 4.5 mile loop which he made just a few days before we opened three new sections of wooded single track. Will be shooting the new sections soon and will be expanding the trail system as quickly as possible. Enjoy the ride!

Jed

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice video :thumbup:

That looks like slab compared to BB's :lol2:

Gonna try and drag my son down there soon.
Looks doable for 400cc machines.

2-8 on Fridays..same $$ as weekends?
Bruce
jdhargrave
DAMN n00b

Post by jdhargrave »

These trails were put in to ride and enjoy for riders of all levels and especially senior citizens of which I am one. we are not looking to break any balls here, just have fun. There are areas for folks just learning to ride right on through to Expert. trials riders have always found it plenty challenging when we hosted the PVR/MAVT events here for four years running.
The A/AA trail that will be open this weekend is difficult enough to challenge anyone including Experts, I have trouble just walking it.
Patrick, I took your advice and started from the exit this morning and I now know how the engineers that put the Channel tunnel in between Britton and France, chopping through the jungle I came out at EXACTLY at the spot where I stopped in total confusion coming from the other direction. Could not have been closer if it had been laser guided. Now I have to go back through with chain saw to cut through the trees laying across the trail.
Price is $30.00 for Friday through Sunday.
Remember the age requirement, 18+ with drivers license.