3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion Planning Thread

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Locked
User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9252
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion Planning Thread

Post by Rut Row » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:41 pm

last year's ADV thread is here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308600

RRob will probably surface next spring in time to attend. We need to make sure there is an event for his re-emergence.

The first two events were in April so what weekend works best for us?

I'm thinking we should add a slow race and a GPS geo-cache event. For the geo-cache event, we could provide GPS coordinates and clues for buried bottles of booze.
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

crofrog
DAMN Expert
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:02 pm
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by crofrog » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:52 pm

Kyler wrote:last year's ADV thread is here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308600

RRob will probably surface next spring in time to attend. We need to make sure there is an event for his re-emergence.

The first two events were in April so what weekend works best for us?

I'm thinking we should add a slow race and a GPS geo-cache event. For the geo-cache event, we could provide GPS coordinates and clues for buried bottles of booze.
I've been pouring over the WV Gazetteer and was thinking of trying to put together a 50-100mi gps guided dual sport ride, obviously rather informal and hopefully to be ridden as a group, otherwise the logistics of it become unwieldy but if we can do it as a group of 30-40 it'd be pretty fun. I'll be sure to post any pre-riding that's going to be happening of the route.

As for the race, I might have a line on some trophies that we'd just need to get new plates printed for.

Make up a few funny class names and do a hot lap of greenridge. Just need to make sure everyone understands that it's not organized by anyone and check if it's necessary to draw up a liability wavier.

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9252
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by Rut Row » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:49 am

I'm liking this! I'll focus on the slow race and will gladly assist in the GPS pre-rides. :roost:
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
RRob
DAMN Expert
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:44 am
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by RRob » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:42 am

The 3rd Annual Green Ridge Campout, GRC '09, will be Friday, April 24th through Sunday, April 26th 2009.

I have reserved group campsite G7 for that weekend. G7 is the site on the ORV trail at the corner of Mertens Ave. and Stafford Rd.

I'm all for having some informal races; I've always wanted to do that. We need to have a fundraiser for the website as well. Thanks for keeping it going, Ken.

As far as liability lawsuits are concerned, I don't think it matters whether its called a group ride, a race or a tea party: If someone gets hurt they could try to sue. Even with a liability waiver. I've always taken it on faith that none of us are litigious pussies.

More to follow but now I must crawl back under my rock. :thumbup:
Rob

XR650L

chriskoz
DAMN Expert
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:36 pm
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by chriskoz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Can we do a warm up ride in December? Maybe call it the WInter Warm Up, I'm not sure I want to wait until April. Good to hear from you Rob!
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9252
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by Rut Row » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:34 pm

chriskoz wrote:Can we do a warm up ride in December? Maybe call it the WInter Warm Up, I'm not sure I want to wait until April. Good to hear from you Rob!
Dang - the first black President and a RRob sighting all in one month! What's next? :harhar:

In for the Dec GPS scouting trip/warmup ride
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by mdubya » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:02 pm

Kyler wrote: Dang - the first black President and a RRob sighting all in one month! What's next? :harhar:
Armageddon? Rapture? :shrug:

:lol2:



:peep:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

Roadracer_Al

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by Roadracer_Al » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:29 am

I'm officially bummed that I'll be living on the wrong coast for this event!

I credit it with re-igniting my enjoyment of off-road riding. Once we get settled in Oakland, depending on finances, I'd like to get a WR450 for some 'real' off-road riding. If nothing else, it ought to be easier to pick up when I drop it. :lol8: Another priority is to get a beater dual sport for a Ho-Bike, so visitors can ride, too.

However, I'll gladly continue to provide graphics for the event.

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9252
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by Rut Row » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:15 pm

so Al - we need 3rd annual sticker for the bikes!
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: 3rd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge OR

Post by mdubya » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Roadracer_Al wrote:I'm officially bummed that I'll be living on the wrong coast for this event!

I credit it with re-igniting my enjoyment of off-road riding. Once we get settled in Oakland, depending on finances, I'd like to get a WR450 for some 'real' off-road riding. If nothing else, it ought to be easier to pick up when I drop it. :lol8: Another priority is to get a beater dual sport for a Ho-Bike, so visitors can ride, too.

However, I'll gladly continue to provide graphics for the event.
While I will certainly miss your presence, I truly feel sorry for you that you are moving to a state with 100's of thousands of acres of public riding, umpteen untold #'s of dirt roads, fire road, FS roads. And you will be bordered on 3 sides by two states with massive open areas to ride and an entire country to the south which literally has "no rules" what-so-ever. Dual sport in Mejico? :lol2: License and registration? :harhar: 365 days of riding each year? BTW it is snowing and raw and nasty in the MD Oakland right this moment, 30*, feels like 18. :rant:

68* and sunshine in Oakland, CA right now. :dry:

We will miss you Al, but aside from the 7% (or whatever it is) sales tax, we will be jealous. :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests