I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Where to ride with the wife this weekend? 10/4

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Where to ride with the wife this weekend? 10/4

Post by Grady »

Just looking for any suggestions of anywhere to take the wife to ride this weekend. We're looking to ride Saturday, and the weather looks like it should be nice. This will only be her second time in the dirt, so I'm looking for something fairly simple. Greenridge is nice, but I was hoping to possibly find something a little closer. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. If nothing else comes along, it looks as if we may just make the trip to Greenridge for the day. Also I would like to keep the riding legal.
DINGO

Re: Where to ride with the wife this weekend? 10/4

Post by DINGO »

Is your wife on a bike or an ATV? Green Ridge isn't very rough, but there a couple real rocky areas and some scattered ruts. My wife has an ATV and I dropped the tire pressure to 3 psi and it really helped (less bounce and more cushion). As for a bike, keep the pressure up so that you won't damage a rim or your spokes.

I've heard from a few other riders that there is another state park just north of Green Ridge that hs a 6 mile run and the terrain is very smoothe and flat. Haven't been there yet but the one rider said he takes his wife and kids there to ride because it is so smoothe. Sorry about not having the name of it for you though. You can probably find it on the Md State Park sight and do a search for "ORV Trails" in MD.

Have Fun!