I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2013 DAMN reunion - May 17-19

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2013 DAMN reunion - May 17-19

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:It was comforting to know that I could pull the jeep out with the sidecar if I he had any troubles.
fixed! That thing is ugly but I'm really happy it works. The DR Hack Mark II will look a lot nicer.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Just got home. I had a blast. It was cool seeing everyone, and it was nice getting more use out of that route sherry from last weekend.

Yesterday, two golden snorkels and a PLATINUM snorkel were earned. Video is available for three out of the four dunkings.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote:Yesterday, two golden snorkels and a PLATINUM snorkel were earned. Video is available for three out of the four dunkings.
please post the video so I can update the victims profile!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I only have video of one. Wingfixer has video of two, I only have a pic of fixing the fourth, with three eye witnesses.

The fixing the forth was funny because the four of us stood the bike up in a twelve o'clock wheelie to get the water out of part of the intake, and that was the final thing that was needed to get it started.

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Just back and unpacked, lots of mist on the return trip but no real rain thankfully.

Much thanks to Skinny J for his bringing his Grade A cat herding abilities along and leading all three days.

Wingfixer was the man with the with all the work he did, and no one sports a pair of racing sandals quite like him.

Dirty Girl absolutely rocked with her cooking and all the other work she put into this weekend, can't say thank you enough!

Nice to meet the new (to me) folks and good to see the faces I'm familiar with. I didn't bust out the camera much so here's what I've got to share.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

It was another great reunion! It was really good to see some faces that I don't get to see very often. The ride Saturday was a blast and yes I have pictures and video to post later. Dirtygirl, Godzilla and I got home about 2 and I had to turn around to Frederick to fly to Santa Barbara, gonna be a long day but well worth it! Pics and video posted tomorrow.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

A huge thank you to dirty girl for making a food run and stuffing us all fill of grub Saturday night. And the dessert "apple pie" was scary delicious!

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Great to see everybody and always nice to see how welcoming everybody in our DAMN group is. Patrick and Kathy, MANY MANY thanks for bringing food and drink, cooking and just being yourselves.
Jay, as always you planned some great scenic routes and we got to see a LOT of country. It doesnt get any better than that. I thought it was pretty cool we started our trip with a tour lead BY YOUR SON! :thumbup:
Always nice to see the lines everybody takes while riding. We have some talented riders in our group.
3 incidents stand out in my brain...
Phoo powering out of a DEEP trench on a pretty steep hill. That would have dropped many guys who failed to throttle out.
Wingfixer, I saw you get sideways on one turn with a nice recovery :lol2: Sort of reminded me of many turns in Moab :cheers:
And Jay...
You saved the side of your bike by staying under it during a lowside. :harhar:
I shot a fair number of pix, will toss into a PDF and host soon.
The big pig XRL logged 452 miles on Fri and Sat.
I just dumped some pix from my cam on my imageevent space at:
http://imageevent.com/peteh/damnridersdogreenridge2013
There are also a couple water crossing vids there. In the next day or 2 I will dump cell photos in this folder as well. With all the dust, I used the camera less and the cell more for quick grab shots.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

First time out to Greenridge for me. Riding out was a blast, and the food was awesome! Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

okay, it is obvious Bonehead and I should have been there to teach y'all how to cross creeks.

Here's our primer.

[youtube][/youtube]
Ken