I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2013 DAMN reunion - May 17-19

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2013 DAMN reunion - May 17-19

Post by Bucho »

Bork wrote:Looks like I get too sneak over for a Saturday ride. I've never been there. Is this like Mountain Ridge or mostly jeep roads? or mostly pavement? And to get there, I take the Green Ridge exit from 68 "Orleans Rd" & go south? how far & then run straight into the spot? (G6) What should I bring? (food pitch in) any $ needed for entry?
Its just dirt roads. Adventure bike friendly. Find a map of the roads/campsites on Greenridge State Park website. Follow the map.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

If welcome :cheers: I may tag along with Skinny J and Wingfixer taking the long route. Is anybody collecting money for campsite, supplies or? I'll ride out and will travel light :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost:
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

Skinny-J wrote:Here is the plan for the ride out:

I have a few different routes to get to Greenridge stashed in the GPS from years past. Presently, I am planning on taking the "southern" route out because it has the most dirt roads (which is pretty tough to find in our area). This southerly route also works better to meet up with a few of the other guys who were interested in riding out. Therefore, I am thinking leaving my house in Hereford maybe between 9:30 and 10’ and take some back roads and play around a little getting over to Eldersburg (where we met for the Black Friday ride) and meet the other guys there around 11’ . We will then schedule another stop in Jefferson, just south of Frederick, around 12’ as well to gather the last of the crew. From Jefferson we should be able to reach Greenridge in about 3 hours taking all back roads.

On Sunday, I will take a more direct route home on the "north" side. It still has a few little creek crossings and will eventually cut through the Catoctin's north of Frederick which is always fun.

If you want to ride along, let me know which stop to look for you at…

SJ

Sounds good J, see you around 9:30!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Got this from Mark beals (GR Manager)
Some of he most primitive and rough roads include Carroll, Outdoor Club, Twigg, Gordon and PicLick. Since you will be camped at G7, you may want to check out Kirk, Keifer, and Purslane as well. Let me know if I may be of any further assistance in planning your outing. Have a great weekend.

Mark
those are all roads we have ridden many times. Nothing new to the old farts.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Kyler wrote:Got this from Mark beals (GR Manager)
Some of he most primitive and rough roads include Carroll, Outdoor Club, Twigg, Gordon and PicLick. Since you will be camped at G7, you may want to check out Kirk, Keifer, and Purslane as well. Let me know if I may be of any further assistance in planning your outing. Have a great weekend.

Mark
those are all roads we have ridden many times. Nothing new to the old farts.
I thought the first post said G6 . I didn't see any other changes? :shrug:
Also , how are gas fill ups handled? (if one rides to GR)How big are the loops yall ride?
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I think it is G6 - he probably suffered a senior moment
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

OnOff wrote:If welcome :cheers: I may tag along with Skinny J and Wingfixer taking the long route. Is anybody collecting money for campsite, supplies or? I'll ride out and will travel light :whoop: :roost: :whoop: :roost:

Pete,

Of course you are welcome; the Honda misses its Honda brethern!

See ya Friday! Where should we look for you; my house, Eldersburg or Jefferson?

SJ
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bork wrote: Also , how are gas fill ups handled? (if one rides to GR)How big are the loops yall ride?
If you have a range for 100 miles you will be fine. There is also gas down in Paw-Paw
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I'm not sure what the xr600 range is. Depends on soil, in south, the sand, I've only got 58 mile on a tank! I'll bring a hose, so I can steal some from an adventure riders fuel tanker, when they are eating lunch. :ride:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I'm guessing I get maybe 80 miles to a tank or maybe 100 :shrug: We'll find out together.

Looks like I'll truck down early Saturday morning. Anybody need me to bring anything??
Bruce