I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2013 DAMN reunion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:

Where to go?

Mtn. Ridge
42%
Green Ridge
53%
Other- If vote other please give info!
5%

Total votes: 19

Junior
DAMN Poohba

2013 DAMN reunion

Post by Junior »

Looks like the first weekend of May is a good start. Looking in the seach, that seemed the most populor.

Ken i don`t know how to set up a poll! :target:
Maybe one for three different places
Mtn. Ridge
Green Ridge
Other- If vote other please give info!
Maybe one for dates
May 4-6
may 10-12
I think early may is cool, but please give your input. Early May will give the H&M riders time to reclam a kitchen passes!
Remeber if you don`t speack up no one will know what your saying!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2013 DAMN reunion

Post by Bucho »

I voted for Mt Ridge just b/c I like the riding there. But if the collective wanted Greenridge I'd honestly be just as happy. Its closer and my family likes camping there.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I do not care where lets ride. F@#$ work!!!!!!
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I have no opinion on where. Beginning of May should be fine. I do not know of any conflicts at this time, but it's really early.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Where's the don't give a hoot option? Meaning...to have no preference?
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I voted for Greenridge for a number of reasons but mostly because I think the reunions there have been the most fun. I think the camping there is better, especially if we get the pavilion, and it has a friendlier atmosphere. The riding offers a wider spectrum of choice, especially for the big bike minded people. And, after thinking about it, I always had more fun on the dual sport rides led by rrob and skinny-j and Kyler than I did riding the loop. If we can get some of the loop opened up to us all the better. Then there is the cost, I don't want to sound like a skin flint but for Kathy and I Mountain Ridge ran me over $100 for the weekend, plus the fuel to get all the way out there. Greenridge weekends cost half that.

As for dates.....the chances that I will be employed at this job by then are slim to none but the 10th works better for me given my current schedule.

Just my .02.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

I agree with everything Wingfixxer said. I have not been back to GR since the last loop ride 2 years ago; its time to back! There is plenty of fun riding at GR even without the ORV. Besides, we are supposed to be a DUAL SPORT organization and to me GR is the definition of dual sporting (the plated MX bike would stay at home and the 650 would get some seat time at a DAMN event for a change).
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I'm a BIG fan of Mountain Ridge because:

It is family & kid friendly and I love to see the wives and kids ride :loveit:

It is a place where little folks and beginners can ride the Frankenbeta and the Mini-Frankenbeta :loveit:

It has LOTS of options on different types and levels of trails that can keep me occupied for a whole weekend :loveit:

It has some SUPER fun and challenging SINGLE TRACK :loveit:

It has a great motel and a great B&B nearby that can accomodate the QOFE :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

AND it is a perfect place for EVERYONE to enjoy rides in the RZR :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I "MIGHT" be able to pull off using the farm for the reunion if anyone would be interested in that. Key word is "might" because I did not ask permision from my father-in-law yet.
But camping would be primative in the woods, might even need to use Big Birds RXR to pack in camping goodies.
For the QOFE many hotels just a couple miles away with many of her favorite places to dine close by.
The open dirt roads and easy woods loop would be OK for wives and LiL ones.
The dual sport clan could head to one of 3 state forests for long day ride adventure. Those of you with dirt bikes, you know what my woods loop is like. The fee would be "free".
This would not be at the cabin, it is rented out, but back in the woods close to the powerlines.
If this is of interest post up.
If enough interest then I will go talk with the big boss.....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

BoomBoom Farm would be WONDERFUL :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike