I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

TAG

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bridgeboy

TAG

Post by bridgeboy »

Hey, there is a pretty cool game of "tag" going on in PA on the ADV site. anyone interested in starting up a game of DAMN TAG? Dual sports could offer an offroad element to the game? just a thought. if you've already been there-done that, then sorry. justa noob.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: TAG

Post by Rut Row »

bridgeboy wrote:Hey, there is a pretty cool game of "tag" going on in PA on the ADV site. anyone interested in starting up a game of DAMN TAG? Dual sports could offer an offroad element to the game? just a thought. if you've already been there-done that, then sorry. justa noob.
I saw the threads but didn't understand the game - how is it played?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Rider A sees a unique sight, takes a photograph of it, then posts it as the tag.

Rider B goes out to find the tag, rush home, or, for the very severely extra-competitive type-A folks (you know who you are) to the nearest wireless hot spot where they upload the picture and be the first person to post a link on the tag thread.

Riders C, D, and E then make excuses about the weather, their work schedule, and in unison they complain that Rider B cheats.

Rider B now gets to post the next tag, which is of course, a unique location that can be photo-documented.

Riders A, C, D, and E then compete to see who stumbles upon the tag, lives nearest to the tag, or has an existing photo of the tag that they can doctor up to seem like they just took it.

The balance of the riders then accuse the new tag winner of cheating.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

heck this sounds like my office!

I'm game.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Rider A sees a unique sight, takes a photograph of it, then posts it as the tag.

Rider B goes out to find the tag, rush home, or, for the very severely extra-competitive type-A folks (you know who you are) to the nearest wireless hot spot where they upload the picture and be the first person to post a link on the tag thread.

Riders C, D, and E then make excuses about the weather, their work schedule, and in unison they complain that Rider B cheats.

Rider B now gets to post the next tag, which is of course, a unique location that can be photo-documented.

Riders A, C, D, and E then compete to see who stumbles upon the tag, lives nearest to the tag, or has an existing photo of the tag that they can doctor up to seem like they just took it.

The balance of the riders then accuse the new tag winner of cheating.
And this is why I am so grateful we have the DAMN forum. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

It takes me days just to download pictures and post them...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I think usually, your bike must be in the photo to avoid people traveling in a cage to the locations.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:It takes me days just to download pictures and post them...
pictures of hoodlums, miscreants and other undesirable personnel in the official LEO positions, at a known landmark or otherwise, don't count! :nono:
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Grady wrote:I think usually, your bike must be in the photo to avoid people traveling in a cage to the locations.
Aaah, yes, good point. Again, photoshop is your best friend.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ha, ha Ken, I was sort of thinking about riding my bike into our processing room and taking a picture that nobody would be able to match!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200