I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport

Post by Rut Row »

Note: DAMN HQ is site C4.

DAMN Right I'm IN!
  1. Kyler
  2. Bonehead
  3. Sambo (aka not Bonehead)
  4. b3h
  5. Bucho
  6. GearedUp
  7. Wingfixer
  8. the dude himself
  9. Ovo
  10. Vschnautz
  11. Phoo
  12. Sire of Phoo
  13. bean416 + 3
  14. 007
For those arriving Friday, we'll be having a pitch-in at DAMN HQ (aka site C-1).

Food List is:
  1. Bucho - world famous BuchoBrats
  2. Kyler - chips and sauerkraut for the brats
  3. Bonehead - venison chilli

The 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500
National 2-Day Dual Sport is scheduled for October 6th & 7th

Pre-registration for the 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport will open up via ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY in mid August. If you would like to be put on the Shenandoah 500 email list to receive event specific information, please send an email to dualsport@watr.us
It is coming up fast! Make your camp site reservations now! see http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617 for more info.

Shen500 DAMN HQ is at campsite C1.

Linky here on how to make reservations.

Linky here for campground map.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sp

Post by Rut Row »

btw, is anyone interested in passengering on the Wasp? I need a second. This ride is too much for one guy to passenger all day long. You would be swapping out with Bucho. We ride our own bikes one day and the wasp the other day.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

I'm interested in the wasp Ken, but dont know how much I could do. I'm old, slow, and my sidecar experience is 1/2 lap at Granvilles :whoop:

But for anyone thats interested I'm planning on being at the campground all week preceding the dualsport. Lots of great riding in that area.
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im happy to split the passengering duties evenly, but Im also happy to just have someone spell me here and there. So I can just get a brake and short rest.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

GearedUp wrote:I'm interested in the wasp Ken, but dont know how much I could do. I'm old, slow, and my sidecar experience is 1/2 lap at Granvilles :whoop:

But for anyone thats interested I'm planning on being at the campground all week preceding the dualsport. Lots of great riding in that area.
Deal! Anyone else?
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Registration opens soon. It filled up fast last year. Pay attention!

Bonehead and I are thinking about doing one day of the ride this year on the big bikes. Is anyone else interested?
Ken
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

My dad is supposed to be coming up to join me/us, but if we're in the same place and whomever is monkeying needs a break, I'd love to jump on for a while.

For those interested, this means that I shan't be trying to keep up with the nuthammers this time. I'll be in the slow group or the slow-slow group instead. :)

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

also reserve your campsites now - DAMN HQ is C1 as in past years.
Ken
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Hoping to get back to the Shen this year. I'll check on sites this week. Anyone want to share a spot?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Jack Penton (yes THAT Jack Penton) will be riding in the Shen500 again this year. I'm working hard to get him on the Wasp with Bucho for a short section. I also want to get a DAMN Riders photo taken with him on the hack and us around it. DAMN Jersey wearing MoFos up front, all others in the back. Short guys need to bring a stool.
Ken