I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bumble
DAMN n00b

Re: 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sp

Post by Bumble »

So I take it the NVTR website will post a link once it opens? Like a previous poster - there isn't much info available. I guess once you have done the ride you know how it goes.
2008 Yamaha XT250
2009 Triumph Bonneville
2012 BMW F650GS
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

Shenandoah 500 Online Pre-Registration Opening Friday, August 31st

2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport - Oct. 6th & 7th

** IMPORTANT ** - Pre-registration for the 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport will open up via ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY Friday, August 31st in the late afternoon on the WATR home page at http://watr.us/

If you would like to be put on the Shenandoah 500 email list to receive event specific information, please send an email to dualsport@watr.us

PLEASE NOTE: This event is ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! First come, first served. No entries accepted after Friday, September 7, 2012 or when rider limit has been met, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!! This event will continue, rain or shine - no refunds will be granted.

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81. GPS: 38.4371, 79.0119

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-350-2510 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, dinner for Saturday and breakfast, lunch for Sunday.

COST: 2-Day Rider Pre-Registration $135, 1-Day Rider Pre-Registration $115, 2-Day Rider Plus Passenger (2-Up) Pre-Registration $155, 1-Day Rider Plus Passenger (2-Up) Pre-Registration $125

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

VIDEO:

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@watr.us

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!

Regards,
Washington Area Trail Riders
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

Fellow Dual Sport Enthusiast:

Pre-registration for the 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport is now open up via ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY at http://watr.us/

Pre-registrations will ONLY be accepted ONLINE.

*** IMPORTANT ***: This event is PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE ONLY! First come, first served. No entries accepted after Friday, September 7, 2012 or when rider limit has been met, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!! This event will continue, rain or shine - no refunds will be granted.

If you plan on camping with us at the Natural Chimneys Park Campground and have not yet made reservations, please call them at 540-245-5727 to make your reservations ASAP. Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October for the 18th annual Shenandoah 500 National Dual Sport!

Washington Area Trail Riders
http://watr.us/

==============================
More Info on the
2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500
National 2-Day Dual Sport - Oct. 6th & 7th

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81. [Physical Address - 94 Natural Chimneys Lane, Mt. Solon, VA 22843]

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-245-5727 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, dinner for Saturday and breakfast, lunch for Sunday.

COST: 2-Day Rider Pre-Registration $135, 1-Day Rider Pre-Registration $115, 2-Day Rider Plus Passenger (2-Up) Pre-Registration $155, 1-Day Rider Plus Passenger (2-Up) Pre-Registration $125

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

VIDEO:

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@watr.us

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!

Last edited by brappp on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
ReardenSteel
DAMN Wanabe

Post by ReardenSteel »

phoo wrote:My dad is supposed to be coming up to join me/us, but if we're in the same place and whomever is monkeying needs a break, I'd love to jump on for a while.

For those interested, this means that I shan't be trying to keep up with the nuthammers this time. I'll be in the slow group or the slow-slow group instead. :)

~Patrick
Hey Patrick,

I'll ride with you if you're looking for a group -- I'm looking to finish both days this year (unlike last year). The goal.... no "incidents."

Cory
Rearden Steel
'20 WR250R
'19 FJR1300ES
'10 Yamaha Grizzly 700 4x4
Eastern TransAmerica Trail 2011
b3h
DAMN Wanabe

Post by b3h »

In. Better get on this if ya wanna go :roost:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

got mine in :rayof:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

Registration is open. I'm IN!
http://watr.us/
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Event details

You have successfully pre-registered for the 2012 AMA Husqvarna Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport.

IN!!

Ken, you can sign me up for some monkeying duties!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I think I will ride this-

It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

Back from the dead, and IN. Might get to ride the whole thing this time.