I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Gambrills State Forest Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Panther

Re: Gambrills State Forest Ride

Post by Panther »

mdubya wrote:
If anyone has a map of the roads back there I'd like to get a copy
Try http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Frederick+MD/

Zoom to Gambrills State Forest. If you get on Gambrills Park Road and stay on it it turns into a dirt road, goes on for several miles, meets up with Mountaindale Road (turn right) which intersects with Fishing Creek Road and Delauter Road. By turning left on Delauter you will loop back to Gambrills Park Road (paved section). You will need to turn right onto Gambrills Park Road to do another loop (the dirt starts a mile or 2 down the road). The Gambrills/Mountaindale/Delauter loop is approx. 8 miles.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I think I'll be heading back out there again this Spring -- and I am sure it is beautiful in the Fall as well. The asphalt sections are okay, but its the dirt/stone that makes it more fun.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

When going down Gambril Park rd, I usually take a right on Hamburg Rd. Its a couple miles Deleture (spelling?), and then a right off that road gets you into the dirtroads.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

That is Fishing Creek Road that comes in off of Hamburg Road. I find that to be a very straight boring section, personally. But it wiil take you down to where it intersects Mountaindale, Delauter, and Gambrill Park Road.

It is good for a loop or two, or good for getting used to riding on dirt, otherwise, it isn't that impressive. Best used as part of a bigger ride. Very pretty up there though, and middle of the week it can be very serene.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC